FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12 April Microsoft Windows massive updates - BSOD

Post Date: 2011-04-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bakerac View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bakerac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 12 April Microsoft Windows massive updates - BSOD
    Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 2:38pm
Has anyone else experienced the issue with this week's Microsoft Windows and other product updates I describe below? I'm sure it's not with the Digital Storm installation. That's been working fine for weeks now.

My first post since I put my Sandy Bridge 2600K system on line at the end of March.

I've had the system on line 24/7 running Folding at Home since 22 March. Folding at Home.

All I can say is the system is amazing - powerful, keeps cool. At factory CPU settings, and at a 950 Mhz additional OC on the MSI GTX560 Ti video card, I'm averaging about 45,000 points per day in Folding at Home.

This is my first exposure to Windows 7 (or Vista, for that matter). I've been running XP on all my home computers and at work before I retired.

On to the subject. System has been up all the time. Able to reboot Win 7 Home cleanly and quickly (especially with the Seagate 600 GB Hybrid HDD).

I downloaded a massive update from Microsoft yesterday, for Windows, Security Essentials (which I'm using instead of Norton or other security suites), MS Office Professional.

Coming out of the updates, system wouldn't reboot. I went into the Windows recovery screens, and reverted to one of the recent saved states. Windows complained that it wasn't able to verify the installation, but it booted up seemingly fine anyway. This reverted back to 10 April, prior to this series of updates.

Digital Storm HAF922--i7 2600K 3.90GHz--ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3--4GB Adata DDR3 1600MHz--750W Corsair PS--Seagate Hyb HDD 500GB--WD Caviar Black HDD 1TB--MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr GPU@950MHz--Noctua NH-U12P SE CPU Cooler--Win7Home64--Lite-on iHBS112BD Writer
 Post Reply Post Reply