Post Date: 2009-11-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BriSleep View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BriSleep Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: A litlle bit pffft! At benchmarking.
    Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 11:43pm

Ok, got my rig, (delivered) oc'ed to 4.0Ghz with the LC. I have to admit this is just incredible. I've never seen games that run like mine do now and I have a few of the latest, a few of the oldest. I don't usually play online, my wife bought Left 4 Dead an LfD2 before knowing that, if anyone wants them cheap, inform me.

Also, if you have a tip on how to get the side panel to fit into both the top and bottom slide holes without another person that would help too, I'm ending up with one thumbscrew in and one with 2 threads, my case is a CS Storm Scout.
  Why did it double space? Anyway, I downloaded futermarks 3DMark Vantage with a free trial key code, ran it, came out with some pretty incredible numbers. Ran something connected online and it identified my proc as an Intel Extreme! Then I tried Sandra, the latest version. I don't know how to make it connect with whatever it wants to connect with. I can't understand what this Brit made program wants me to do any help much appreciated.   I want something that's going to give me the nitty gritty on my system, how fast the ram is running, how fast the drives are. What speed things are really running at you know? Can anyone help me out here? I tried a lot of the programs on the sticky and a lot are either n/a or really outdated. I guess it's that period of programming that has to come when a new OS is realeased huh?
  I'm now d/ling PC mark Vantage, will that help? If someone can tell me why Sandra won't connect I'm sure that will answer most of what I need.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 1:52am
justin can help you with benchmarks.

but don't make a mistake and think games are running fast at your res because of the oc, you woudl not have notice the difference between 4.0 and 3.7GHz oc in those games, most of the credit goes to your gpus, they are the reason games run how they are. below 3.6GHz you might notice a difference to a certain extent.

to display your system specs use CPU-z

you can use PCMark for pc performance , you can use 3DMark for gpu performance,
 Post Reply Post Reply