FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Accidentaly uninstalled Reatek audio drivers

Post Date: 2016-05-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
combatmaster1o3 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote combatmaster1o3 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Accidentaly uninstalled Reatek audio drivers
    Posted: 04 May 2016 at 8:22pm
I had gotten the eclipse a while back ago( Red Case) and recently got a audio malware. I solved the problem but in the process of recklessly uninstalling programs I had uninstalled the audio program stated in the title. Can someone point me to some links to the specific one used???
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 2:21am
Your best course of action is to get your motherboards manufacturer and model number, like Asus z170i Pro, as an example, and go to the Asus website, Support, and download the driver. That should do it.

Good luck.

I just tried getting the link for Asus but the site was temporarily down for maintenance.

Edited by bprat22 - 05 May 2016 at 2:24am
combatmaster1o3 View Drop Down

Quote combatmaster1o3 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:21am
Originally posted by bprat22

Your best course of action is to get your motherboards manufacturer and model number, like Asus z170i Pro, as an example, and go to the Asus website, Support, and download the driver. That should do it.

Good luck.

I just tried getting the link for Asus but the site was temporarily down for maintenance.

Thanks I'll try it when I get home.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 11:38am
Just as a future reference, the base Realtek drivers on their website will work, the benefit of your product-specific version is that it tends to have a few more bells and whistles, but that said, manufacturers (such as Asus) tend to update their drivers far more slowly than Realtek updates the base drivers, so if you're ever in a situation where a manufacturer audio driver is causing an issue, try out the Realtek drivers (or even just the generic Windows HD audio drivers) to see if it fixes anything.

Awhile back I updated my audio driver and it causes my right speaker to just stop working, so I switched over to the basic version and it fixed it, and then switched back when the manufacturer had addressed the issue.

Unlike generic GPU drivers, generic audio drivers have actually come a long way in regards to performance quality. Strong
 Post Reply Post Reply