Post Date: 2015-06-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: AMD removing reviewers from launch review list
    Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 2:35am
So, I'm a fan of some of Kitguru's reviews and news update. They are a great sort of unbiased reviews. Good in depth info.

Kitguru recently announced on their site that they were initially on AMD's list of select reviewers to do a launch review of the Fury X gpu's.

Apparently AMD reached out to Kitguru yesterday (or around 8 AM today in the UK) and said that Kitguru was being removed from the list of reviewers to receive a sample on launch as they felt kitguru didn't say nice enough things about the 300 series cards.

I find this funny. Nvidia did this a long time ago and was flamed for it at immeasurable lengths. The fact that AMD will only let reviewers whom they know for a fact will give high praise and only good reviews of their new card, on top of the fact that it's already been proven that a few of the 300 series are just rebranded 7900 series cards (yes again... just like the 200 series). My faith in AMD is just continuously decreasing.

I like balanced reviews. Where I can view both the actual pro's and actual con's. Not bought or persuaded reviews. This type of action can scare a lot of reviewers into giving the Corporation's amazing reviews as they don't want to be black listed from future launch review sample lists.

Pitiful...

Source:
http://www.kitguru.net/site-news/announcements/zardon/amd-withdraw-kitguru-fury-x-sample-over-negative-content/
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 2:53am
Sounds a little shady. In the end, all the independent reviews on the way will tell the story. AMD can only hide for a couple of days. Assuming they are of course.   Time will tell.   
Dax Doomslayer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 6:56am
Weird - I just saw that too Meller.  I would think that a company would welcome non-biased reviews if they were confident in their product.  Also, as bprat indicated, once the card launches, those blacklisted sites will be able to review the card so I really don't know what AMD is thinking here.  I agree with you Meller, this is definitely something that causes me to pause about buying AMD.  Kitguru is a pretty respectable site - it's not one of those "rag" sites...
Smarmy View Drop Down

Quote Smarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 3:35pm
It appears NVIDIA has black listed reviewers in the past. I don't know if they still do. Here is a list Post. All corporations are evil.

Perhaps a reviewers could retaliate by repeatedly harping on any "weakness" The AMD or NVIDIA card has as if it's the worst problem ever. I doubt anyone would do that though.

-- Smarmy
 Post Reply Post Reply