FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are you able to renew your warranty?

Post Date: 2016-07-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VoidWhisperer View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote VoidWhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Are you able to renew your warranty?
    Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 10:06pm
So I ordered an apollo today (can't wait for it to get here!) but I'm a little bit concerned about something: I decided to get the 4 year labor/2 year parts warranty.

I'm concerned about what I'm going to have to do if the graphics card were to fail say, 3 years from now, when I'm out of warranty. I ordered my build with the stock gtx 1070 founders edition, which afaik has no indiviual part warranty on it (if I'm wrong here, someone please correct me).

My point is, am I able to get this warranty extended when it gets closer to expiring?
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 10:40pm
The GPU will probably have it's own warranty that is probably 3 years long. If it fails in the 2-3 year time period, you'd have to do an RMA directly with the manufacturer, and DS can assist you with the process. At 3 years, it may be time to look to upgrade the GPU anyhow.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:10am
FO61 is right, evga gpus have 3 year warranty and I think asus too, so as far as warranty goes you can ram the gpu to the manufacturer, but if you don't want to deal with rma then pay a bit more and get the 3 year part warranty. Personally I like to go with evga, I have the least problems with them and when I have to rma they are very helpful.

And as mentioned after 3 years you want a new gpu anyways, cause the gpu is gonna be long in the tooth as far as power would go.

To answer your question, if I remember correctly No, you can't extend your warranty later, you have to get the length of the warranty you want now.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 6:01am
Hi VoidWhisperer,

No, you can't extend your warranty at a later date when your warranty is going to expire. You may be able to contact Alex at [email protected] and change your warranty now to 5/3 or 6/4 if you will be more comfortable. Since you don't have the computer I am pretty sure Alex will accommodate you.

Frank
VoidWhisperer View Drop Down

Quote VoidWhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 6:11am
Originally posted by DST4ME

FO61 is right, evga gpus have 3 year warranty and I think asus too, so as far as warranty goes you can ram the gpu to the manufacturer, but if you don't want to deal with rma then pay a bit more and get the 3 year part warranty. Personally I like to go with evga, I have the least problems with them and when I have to rma they are very helpful.

And as mentioned after 3 years you want a new gpu anyways, cause the gpu is gonna be long in the tooth as far as power would go.

To answer your question, if I remember correctly No, you can't extend your warranty later, you have to get the length of the warranty you want now.

I got the founder edition card, not the EVGA or ASUS one.

However, I did some research and Nvidia apparently has a warranty on their founder edition cards for 3 years.
Goku1910 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Goku1910 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 10:23am
^The reference cards are still manufactured by them. My Bolt 3 has a 1080 Founders and it was from EVGA.
Bolt 3!
Stage 1: 6/2/16
Stage 2&3: 6/7/16
Stage 4&5: 6/11/16
Stage 6: 6/16/16
Stage 7&Shipped: 6/24/16
 Post Reply Post Reply