Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MICHAEL2A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MICHAEL2A Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Asus Rampage V ED10
    Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 3:18am
Hello all, it has been awhile since I have been on the forums and it is good to be back. I recently gutted my PC and upgraded my hardware. My new Motherboard is the Asus Rampage V ED10 Anniversary Edition. It is a beautiful board but has in my opinion driver issues with Windows 10. Specifically, the Supreme FX Audio drivers seem buggy. I can't get the front console that came with the board to work but the Motherboard Realtek drivers are fine and the Sonic Suite audio software is working as well. I have been back and forth with Asus and they wanted me to send the whole motherboard back which isn't going to happen after spending 2 days building my new rig and having everything together the way I want it. Again the board is fine based on various testing of all other components. I just can't get sound to come through the front panel and their driver install link from their website for FX Supreme will blue screen the PC forcing me to go back to a restore point. If you check the ROG forums, I am not the only one having this problem. Yet, Asus is having trouble believing it is a problem with their drivers. Anyway, if any of you fine folks have any ideas and or opinions on this please let me know. Thanks!
NZXT Switch 810
Asus Rampage V ED10
16GB Corsair Platinum 3000mhz
i-7 X5960, 3.0Ghz-3.5Ghz
Intel 750 800GB NVME-SSD
Corsair H115i CPU Cooler
2 Asus Strix 1080 8GB SLI
Corsair AXi 1200 PSU
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 5:05am
Have you tried rolling back to an earlier Windows 10 update, like 1511 if you have , I think, 1601 ?    That seems to be the fix for some until Asus gets out a compatible driver.

Edited by bprat22 - 26 Jan 2017 at 5:06am
MICHAEL2A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MICHAEL2A Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Have you tried rolling back to an earlier Windows 10 update, like 1511 if you have , I think, 1601 ?    That seems to be the fix for some until Asus gets out a compatible driver.

Hi bprat22, appreciate the comeback. The short answer is no, I have not tried that due to the unknown affects of doing it with all the changes I have made to software and PC settings to get to the current stable state I have after the rebuild. I guess it is an option but would need to thoroughly research prior to venturing into that swamp. I keep hoping for an Asus fix and can't figure out with all the complaints from the ROG crowd why they are dragging their feet. Thanks again!
NZXT Switch 810
Asus Rampage V ED10
16GB Corsair Platinum 3000mhz
i-7 X5960, 3.0Ghz-3.5Ghz
Intel 750 800GB NVME-SSD
Corsair H115i CPU Cooler
2 Asus Strix 1080 8GB SLI
Corsair AXi 1200 PSU
 Post Reply Post Reply