FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aventum III + noise reduction

Post Date: 2015-09-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
t20150908 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote t20150908 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum III + noise reduction
    Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 1:35pm
With so many fans, is there any point in purchasing noise dampening material? Would it make any kind of difference?

Reviews have mentioned that it is expected this machine will be quite loud at full load -- however, if one wanted a fully liquid cooled system, that really limits you to an Aventum or Hailstorm, correct? Any opinions on the best choice to maximize the balance between liquid cooling, airflow, and quietness?
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 2:13pm
Have an Aventum II and when ordered DS informed that the Stage 2 sound dampening was not available. It is really not needed. I have it sitting right next to me (I like looking at it)Droolingand it is very quiet and it does have a lot of fans!

I think you can order a Hydrolux cooling system on most (others will straighten me out) DS systems and configure for cpu only or together with the video cards and chipset (this last one was not available for my pc).

Other more knowledgeable people here will probably advise you on configurations based on what you want to do with your system. Welcome to DS. They make a very good product and more importantly, by personal experience, stand fully behind it.Strong

Edited by hoserator - 21 Sep 2015 at 2:14pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 2:43pm
Except for the Enix, I think most cases can accomodate a cpu/gpu liquid or water cooling setup. Even the smaller Bolt3 has a liquid cooled cpu/gpu option.   Its not like the Hydrolux but still liquid. Some of the cases might need the hdd cages removed to make room for a pump and/or reservoir, but will still fit.

db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by t20150908

With so many fans, is there any point in purchasing noise dampening material? Would it make any kind of difference?

Reviews have mentioned that it is expected this machine will be quite loud at full load -- however, if one wanted a fully liquid cooled system, that really limits you to an Aventum or Hailstorm, correct? Any opinions on the best choice to maximize the balance between liquid cooling, airflow, and quietness?
it depends on the case design, but as an example the Corsair 550D (DS "Slade" case) can run all of its fans at 100% speed with the side panel on and keep sound down to a measured 29db.  this is due to the sound insulation material inside the case, but also the case construction.  i can't say that just by putting in some insulation the AV3 or AV2 would offer similar sound performance.  there is of course a trade off in thermal performance when doing so. 

there's also a lot more to whole system cooling consideration than just thinking you can slap any water cooling system in it and call it a day.  there's all kinds of radiator sizes, fan sizes, types and speeds, fan/rad positioning, fan profiles, etc.  i'm sure DS does a lot of thinking for you if left to them, but if it were me i would try to learn as much about it as possible.  the more radiator you have the slower you can run your fans, which equates to less noise.  then again, you have to put the right fans (typically static pressure fans to better push/pull air through them) on those rads.  typically longer rads are preferred over thicker rads, but case room limits options.  these are just some of the dozens of considerations on thermal/noise performance one should have when setting up their build. 

Edited by db188 - 21 Sep 2015 at 5:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply