Post Date: 2015-09-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
t20150908 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote t20150908 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum III options
    Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:04pm
Someone else already mentioned that copper tubing isn't available at launch for the Aventum III but will be available "down the road." Is there anything else expected to come out later on as opposed to available today, the launch date?

Also, can someone confirm there are 17 fans on the Aventum III (and no need to add any more)? :-P

Looks like there are no externally accessible bays on the case -- meaning no extra optical drives, card readers, etc., right?
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:22pm
I'm counting 15 (16 if you include the PSU fan). 4 in front; 4 on the radiator on one side and 2 on the radiator on the other (PSU takes up two slots); 2 on the back of the motherboard tray; three up on top; and the the PSU fan, if you want to count it.

Nope, no 5.25" bays. They have an integrated slim optical drive and other I/O ports (including a card reader) on the front, but that is it. You can add external USB, Thunderbolt, network enabled, Bluetooth, or other connected devices if you have the I/O from the motherboard.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:55pm
looks like copper tubing is available at launch, at least it's in the configurator as an option.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:20pm
We do offer it, it may take time for your order to be built and shipped if you go with copper piping. An extra 2-3 week lead time as we're finalizing the copper builds now. If you are looking to get a copper build system, I highly recommend putting your order in sooner than later so you can get ahead of the line.
 Post Reply Post Reply