FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt 3 Case

Post Date: 2016-04-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JFAZ View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JFAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bolt 3 Case
    Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 10:39am
Hi everyone, I'm new to DS and I'm in the market for a new CPU. I really wanted to go with the Bolt 3 configuration however I now see that the stock Black case is out of stock until early June.

It says Grey available though so I was trying to do a configuration with the Exotic Bullet Grey one (which I like also) but I cant do any CPU water cooling on it for some reason as it is showing a conflict. I was wondering if anyone knows why this is? Is there another Grey one that is not pictured?

Please advise,

Jeff
CougarX6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote CougarX6 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 11:01am
Looks like the Hydrolux Pro water cooling is only available on the standard black case, the conflict appears to be because of the colored case.
My New Monster...
Vanquish 5 Level 3
3.2 ghz Core i5 6500
750w PSU
16gb DDR4 2666mhz
500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD
1tb Western Digital Black HD
GTX 1060 6gb
Windows 10 Home
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 11:12am
This thread helps to explain it. .... 

http://www.digitalstorm.com/forums/bolt-3-exterior-paint-options-tidf27724/

Basically, the Anodized cases need the additional mounting holes.   When they get the Gloss Painted cases, those will be drilled for the Pro. 

Alex can explain it better and with an ETA.  Big%20Smile
JFAZ View Drop Down

Quote JFAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 11:25am
Thanks for the replies and it makes sense to me now. However, the puzzling thing still to me is the ad stating that they were on back order is also stating grey available and the only grey one to pick is the bullet grey anodized finish one.

I'm curious to see if that is the grey one they were talking about because the picture of the Bolt 3 case always shows the water cooling inside so one is likely assuming that it can be done with the grey one either way. Or, is it even possible there is another grey case that works?

Dang, June is awhile to wait should you want to add water cooling on this rig. Cry
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Online
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 1:58pm
That's correct unfortunately. The black color chassis has the newer mods to it, and we sold our entire batch. There are more on the way soon.

I'll be honest, you can order it with the Corsair liquid cooling system on the CPU still. That is still quite a powerful setup.
IvarForkBeard View Drop Down

Quote IvarForkBeard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 May 2016 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Alex

That's correct unfortunately. The black color chassis has the newer mods to it, and we sold our entire batch. There are more on the way soon.

I'll be honest, you can order it with the Corsair liquid cooling system on the CPU still. That is still quite a powerful setup.

I am in the same boatish.
I placed my order on 4-4 and was promptly told the Bolt 3 cases are out of stock.

I was told on 4-14 the cases were in stock, which turned out to be false information.

I was then told this past Wednesday 4-27 that the cases would be in Friday (4-29) and orders of my vintage would be built with these cases. Moreover that any new cases for orders placed past roughly mid April had an ETA of June. Today the story is they don't have an ETA on the shipment that was supposed to arrive Friday.

Starting to wonder if its time to cancel my order and start over with a different configuration as my current desktop is beginning to show sides of hard drive failure and being stuck gaming on my laptop for any length of time is gonna be a PITA.

Alex can you confirm when the cases for orders of my vintage will be back in stock?

Edited by IvarForkBeard - 02 May 2016 at 12:31pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 May 2016 at 1:07pm
Hi IvarForkBeard.....Not trying to talk you out of what you want, but do you need the little smaller Bolt case because of space issues ?   Reason I ask, under the Apollo config, if you pick the Corridium case, it's only a couple of inches bigger each way, but does give you a larger case to work in if needed, more options for things like sli and cooling and more power supplies and other parts to pick from.

Just throwing it out there if getting a new rig is getting more urgent.   

The Bolt is a nice case and unique, so up to you of course.

Good luck.

IvarForkBeard View Drop Down

Quote IvarForkBeard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 May 2016 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi IvarForkBeard.....Not trying to talk you out of what you want, but do you need the little smaller Bolt case because of space issues ?   Reason I ask, under the Apollo config, if you pick the Corridium case, it's only a couple of inches bigger each way, but does give you a larger case to work in if needed, more options for things like sli and cooling and more power supplies and other parts to pick from.

Good luck.

The Bolt Case is sort of the centerpiece of a whole work/play space re-design I have been working on. Aesthetically I like the look of the Bolt better than the Apollo case you mentioned above but it is an option if things go further south.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Online
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 May 2016 at 3:23pm
IvarForkBeard,

The black version of the BOLT 3 won't be shipping until early June, so there is still roughly a month to go. If you need a system now, I do suggest our other models? We'll be happy to change your order to a different configuration and just use the funds you have placed for the BOLT 3 order.

Let us know. Thanks! You may also email directly: [email protected]
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 May 2016 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by IvarForkBeard

Originally posted by bprat22

Good luck.

The Bolt Case is sort of the centerpiece of a whole work/play space re-design I have been working on. Aesthetically I like the look of the Bolt better than the Apollo case you mentioned above but it is an option if things go further south.

Just like to clarify that the Apollo wasn't the case bprat was referring to
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 May 2016 at 2:26am
What Arkansas said.
 Post Reply Post Reply