FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt 3 GPU water block and Lian Li PSU

Post Date: 2016-10-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rain07 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rain07 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bolt 3 GPU water block and Lian Li PSU
    Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 5:08pm
Hi guys,

I finally pulled the trigger and got a Bolt 3! I notice that in some Bolt 3 pics, DS uses this transparent GPU water block but I've also seen a YouTube video of a Bolt 3 where this guy got a non transparent GPU water block. I was wondering if this is something I should request or what. Also anyone know if the new Lian Li PSU for the bolt 3 is any good? I picked that PSU for my build.

Here's my configuration:

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Pre-built Digital Storm Bolt 3
Exterior Finish: Black Brushed Aluminum Hairline Finish
Side Window: Edge to Edge Premium Acrylic
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING (Intel Z170 Chipset) (Mini-ITX) (Up to 1x PCI-E Device)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 750W Lian-Li PE-750 (Platinum Rated) (Supports up to GTX TITAN X)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 8x / CD-Writer 8x) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: - No Thanks
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: Digital Storm HydroLux PRO (CPU + Graphics Card)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: White Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: High Static Pressure - Corsair Air Series SP120 Fans (2x 120mm)
Internal Lighting: Software Controlled Internal + Front Panel RGB LED Lighting (Requires Airflow Control Upgrade)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software

Edited by Rain07 - 04 Oct 2016 at 5:10pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 9:02pm
Bolt is not my cup of tea, Not sure which video you saw but its always best to ask/request exactly what you want, do not go by the pics or vids you see, things change around here pretty quick.

Your psu is fine. Keep in mind you are really getting hydrolux lite but its called pro in the bolt, the actual hydrolux pro in other builds is an actual open loop.

Bit of info:

1. Do not install Mcafee , instead get a lighter better anti virus like ESET ( number 3 on the list ) Or any other good light Anti Virus will do.

2. With extra fans request that DS changes all case fans and connects all your fans to the mobo so you can control them via free software. This way we can control the fans without needing anything else (aka fan controller and etc).
Also be sure to pick the color of the ring you wan the fans to have (red/blu/white).

3. The warranty here is 3 year labor and 1 year parts so if you want higher part warranty be sure to raise the warranty level to the desired level.
Rain07 View Drop Down

Quote Rain07 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:15pm
Hi DST4ME,

Thank you for your reply. I will email digital storm and ask about the GPU water block. Heres the video of what I was talking about:

Non-transparent GPU waterblock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DThXFu1QVsc

Transparent GPU waterblock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vRT3Tp8020
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:25pm
You are talking about the EK Acrylic Waterblock for the gpu, I think that is the ones DS is using but like I said things change and the best way to make sure you are getting what you want is to clarify it in your order, so that if you need to refer to it later you can. Otherwise you will get what they are installing at the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply