FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt 3 two screens I NEED YOUR INPUT

Post Date: 2016-05-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gabe1229 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gabe1229 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bolt 3 two screens I NEED YOUR INPUT
    Posted: 13 May 2016 at 4:51pm
Ok so my bolt 3 system has passed stage seven and has been shipped. I'm rocking the 970 graphics card and that mini gaming motherboard that comes with it, SO onto the the subject. I purchased an Asus 144hz monitor HD bla bla for the Dvi graphics card connect cause let's be real, ya can't put unleaded gas in a Ferrari. But looking into using another screen yes there is another dvi input on the motherboard but looking at specs on the mother board it says it maxes at 60fps output anyway.... So I'm thinking I shouldn't buy the same fancy screen for my second screen since it won't get the fps any way and just go with a same size screen but without the 144hz(cheaper). Am I right here or naw? I'm asking the experts out there!
Digital Storm. The long wait until you get to my doorstep good friend!!
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2016 at 6:24pm
first off you connect your monitors to the vid card not the mobo, so not sure what the mobo has to do with it.  the 970 is capable of multi monitor (4 to be exact) support with a max resolution of 5120x3200.  as for connections, you get: 3xDP 1.2; 1xdual link DVI; and 1x HDMI 2.0.  you can use any of these connections/combos but i'd suggest using 2 of the 3 DP's.  in other words you're fine with two of your "fancy" monitorsBig%20Smile

now, let's talk capabilities of a single 970 when it comes to resolution and game settings.  don't expect to run 2x1440p or 4k monitors on a single 970.  a single 970 is capable of maxing out most modern, triple A, taxing games at 1080p.  ymmv at 1440p, and you will more than likely need to lower game settings (game dependent). 

hope this answers your questions.  gl 

Edited by db188 - 13 May 2016 at 6:26pm
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Gabe1229 View Drop Down

Quote Gabe1229 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2016 at 7:15pm
Sir, THANKYOU so much for explaining this in detail for me. As you can tell I'm a total noobster. Totally didn't realize about the two DP spots on the card so it actually would be worth while to get another 144hz screen. And I totally understand the 970 not being able to go to the races on both screens either. But the relative boost in fps would be welcomed by me because the card is something I would love to upgrade in the near future. The reason I thought about not going hdmi is of course I yearn for that more than 60fps gameplay ya know. I'm a dumbass n thought just by sight those two were more hdmi hookups. So thanks again man now I gotta change my Amazon order up real quick and I'll be in business! Digital storm community on here rocks, much nerd love
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:52pm
glad to be of help.  are you using the second monitor for web surfing while you game?  productivity?  or are you hoping to setup a surround config?  if surround (spanning the game across multiple monitors), you'll need a third monitor.  i think you'll be ok with 3x1080p monitors in surround with the 970, Project Cars and GTS5 was all good.  
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Gabe1229 View Drop Down

Quote Gabe1229 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2016 at 11:52pm
MAN i didnt even think about the three screen spread for an immersive experience....that must be insane to own, I'm impressed thats a leet setup! Ya I wasnt expecting to run like max settiings games on both screens at the same time. More of maybe do some twitch streaming on one and use chat on the other. Productivity of course and a little horsing around. Like ive been playing the new doom game on console and the whole time I'm like this would look so great on PC. So some STEAM gaming and steaming on one monitor def too my PC buds wont stop talking about Steam service. been looking around for a good set of speakers though. The ole ladys pleased because we own a 55 inch sony bravia with 240 hz bla bla but i think i may have to upgrade my disk drive to a blueray player or something better than what its coming with. Everyone seems to have a fancy microphone but i feel like my turtle beachs (yes i admit it, turtle beach har har) microphone would do just fine..    idk
Gabe1229 View Drop Down

Quote Gabe1229 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2016 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by db188

glad to be of help.  are you using the second monitor for web surfing while you game?  productivity?  or are you hoping to setup a surround config?  if surround (spanning the game across multiple monitors), you'll need a third monitor.  i think you'll be ok with 3x1080p monitors in surround with the 970, Project Cars and GTS5 was all good.  

Man that SSD drive of yours looks great as hell too...
 Post Reply Post Reply