FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt System Graphics Card Question

Post Date: 2013-11-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NightCrawler53 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote NightCrawler53 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bolt System Graphics Card Question
    Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 12:29pm
Hello I am new here, my name is Tom, I am strongly thinking about getting a DS Bolt system and I have one important question concerning the Graphics Card Options. Can the Lvl4 Bolt, with it's 500 watt power supply, even handle the GTX 780 Ti Superclocked EVGA ACX Cooler Edition? I see it in the options screen as being available, but by reading from the Configuration threads I got a big question mark in my puzzling brain. LOL

I would like to put one of those monsters in my upcoming Bolt, but can it handle the ACX Cooler? If not, I guess the base 780 Ti would do about the same for my needs.

Thanks DS and Community!
There Can Only Be One
ssgmike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ssgmike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 1:33pm
Hey Tom, I am in the same position as you, been reviewing DS forums for a few weeks now and so far am very pleased and about to place an order.
My ? was similar to yours in regards to the BOLT's 500 P/S and the GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB (Includes PhysX and received a response from Johnny on the spot "ALES" an Admin that "Yes. The Bolt can even run a GTX TITAN with an overclocked CPU with no issues" Hope this helps a little thou you are asking bout the "GTX 780 Ti Super clocked EVGA ACX Cooler Edition"

Edited by ssgmike - 28 Nov 2013 at 1:34pm

Quote NightCrawler53 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:31pm
Thanks Mike for you input, but what I have read about that EVGA 780 Ti ACX Card it requires more power than a regular 780 Ti, due to the extra fan. I much appreciate you and other "DS owner/users" comments, but I need to hear it from a DS Tech in whether it can or cannot before I place my order.

Don't get me wrong here I will still be completely happy with a regular EVGA 780 Ti superclocked Edition w/stock fan, but the one with the ACX Cooler is just a tad bit more powerfull with better cooling principles.

Thanks Again All.
There Can Only Be One
ssgmike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ssgmike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by NightCrawler53

Thanks Mike for you input, but what I have read about that EVGA 780 Ti ACX Card it requires more power than a regular 780 Ti, due to the extra fan. I much appreciate you and other "DS owner/users" comments, but I need to hear it from a DS Tech in whether it can or cannot before I place my order.

Don't get me wrong here I will still be completely happy with a regular EVGA 780 Ti superclocked Edition w/stock fan, but the one with the ACX Cooler is just a tad bit more powerfull with better cooling principles.

Thanks Again All.

ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:43pm
I would advise that you call DS and talk to a DS Tech because like i mentioned in the other post this is mainly a customer helping another customer forum. Alex who comes on here frequently may know the answer so when he does come on here and sees this he'll say yes or no. But your best bet is to either call or email them.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 28 Nov 2013 at 2:44pm
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12

Quote NightCrawler53 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 3:31pm
Thanks! Since it is the Holidays I can wait.
There Can Only Be One

Quote NightCrawler53 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:00pm
I just received a confirmation email which stated that the GTX 780 Ti Superclocked EVGA w/ACX Cooler Edition can be placed inside of the Bolt system. Thanks Geraldo!
There Can Only Be One
ssgmike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ssgmike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by NightCrawler53

I just received a confirmation email which stated that the GTX 780 Ti Superclocked EVGA w/ACX Cooler Edition can be placed inside of the Bolt system. Thanks Geraldo!
 Post Reply Post Reply