Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mega_Ben View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mega_Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Buying New PC
    Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 2:30pm
Hey,
    Just before I start I apologise for the probably long winded explanation I'm about to give. I've played, used and fixed (Software wise) computers for a good few years. However I'm still very behind on how they run physically and no idea where I'd begin with building one so realistically that is out of the question.

I'll be running on a budget of around £1600, and £1800 at a push if need be. Although I will be completing more than just gaming on the PC for the most part, I'd like a PC that runs pretty much any game with mid-range requirements. I don't have interest in playing Warcraft or any other major demanding game like this, but basic Steam games and disc enabled games such as Cities: Skylines and software's such as TurboCAD Pro etc. are my main focus. (And lots of games in this region). Minecraft - Which i know all pc's run really but I'd like this to run perfectly, and large Technic packs with high demand would also be perfect if they ran brilliantly too. So graphics and speed are my main focus in terms of this. I'd like to run the PC with windows 10, with preferably up to 2 1080p monitors, and optional switch between a Cintiq Wacom 13HD Tablet and a 42" TV - So essentially 3-4 monitors.

I've no idea where to start, when I look at sites such as this that build computers for you I become hopelessly confused with all the jargon... Basically with my budget I want the best desktop PC I can get, even if it's far better than I need, if it fits in the budget I'll take it, I'd love the knowledge that I can run pretty much any game within my usual range. If you guys can either give me suggestions of already available machines, or a list of what I'd need to select when using either this or another company to build a machine for me, that'd be great. I don't need monitors, (Unless they come included or are cheap) and the same applies for a mouse and keyboard. Hard Drive also needs to be of reasonable size due to my work and what will be stored on the machine. But like I said, I want it to pretty much do and run anything I would typically require without any fuss.

Thank in advance.

Kind regards,
     Ben.

Edited by Mega_Ben - 27 Jul 2016 at 2:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply