FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CSGO FPS

Post Date: 2015-10-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rkelso13 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rkelso13 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: CSGO FPS
    Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 6:33am
Hello!

Recently I purchased a Vanquish Level 3 and I absolutely love it. It runs all my games extremely well and it's surprisingly quiet.

Anyways my question is the first day I got it out of the box, I was able to run CSGO at a steady 300 fps and about medium settings with some high detail settings and it would drop to 250 minimum. Now today I'm getting below 250 fps and it drops to 180 and I haven't changed any of the settings.

I know having that high of FPS isn't required but I'm just a little bothered that something hardware related may've happened. I'm mostly just hoping it was a game update that goofed with performance. If theres any other CSGo players that have experienced this and found a remedy, let me know please!

Thanks.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 6:49am
Other than checking the cpu/gpu temps to make sure their not throttling back because of dust buildup, I got nothing. 

My guess is no hardware issues, but I don't follow that game.   
Zoofro View Drop Down

Quote Zoofro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 10:28am
I would definitely check the cleanliness of the inside. As bprat22 suggested this is one thing a lot of people overlook. Computers get dirty just like everything else.
Apollo
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
16GB DDR4 2800MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX
512GB Samsung 850 PRO
2TB Western Digital
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
rkelso13 View Drop Down

Quote rkelso13 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Zoofro

I would definitely check the cleanliness of the inside. As bprat22 suggested this is one thing a lot of people overlook. Computers get dirty just like everything else.

Alright, I'll check it out. I've had it for a week and my room is quite clean. Kinda surprised that would be an issue tho.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 11:10am
Hi rkelso13,

If you just got your computer. I doubt that it is dirt or dust. Do make sure your fans are all working. You should keep track of your temps.    

Have you updated to Windows 10? That could be the problem. It could also be a driver update for the GPU or an update of your operating system if you don't have Windows 10. Do you have automatic updates turned on? That is OK for your operating system but I like to know when and what is upgraded to my GPU drivers. Make sure you have the latest driver from the GPU manufacture and not just the one available from Windows. If you are getting your game through Steam you might have gotten a Game update from Steam.

I wouldn't be concerned with a drop in performance from a single game. If all you games dropped in performance I would be more concerned.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 05 Oct 2015 at 11:12am
rkelso13 View Drop Down

Quote rkelso13 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 11:33am
Originally posted by FrankW

Hi rkelso13,

If you just got your computer. I doubt that it is dirt or dust. Do make sure your fans are all working. You should keep track of your temps.    

Have you updated to Windows 10? That could be the problem. It could also be a driver update for the GPU or an update of your operating system if you don't have Windows 10. Do you have automatic updates turned on? That is OK for your operating system but I like to know when and what is upgraded to my GPU drivers. Make sure you have the latest driver from the GPU manufacture and not just the one available from Windows. If you are getting your game through Steam you might have gotten a Game update from Steam.

I wouldn't be concerned with a drop in performance from a single game. If all you games dropped in performance I would be more concerned.

Frank

The computer came preloaded with Windows 10 and all drivers are up-to-date. I was looking at my steam download history and I hadn't received any updates for CSGO that would cause the issue. I'll double check and make sure everything is running smoothly. This maybe a dumb question but where might I check to the temperature. And what should the temps be? I've been a Mac user all my life so a lot of this is new to me.

Thanks!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 12:04pm
Download the free HWMONITOR. Open it and run it while gaming. The min/ max columns for cpu cores and the gpu further down will tell you whats going on.    If the temps stay in the 70's, even lower 80's Centigrade, or lower, then heat isn't the issue.

Edited by bprat22 - 05 Oct 2015 at 12:04pm
rkelso13 View Drop Down

Quote rkelso13 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 12:54pm
Everything appears to be under 35 degrees C. Only thing thats higher is it says mainboard is 115 C. Is that bad? Also it appears all my fans are running fine.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 1:13pm
Temps are good. I don't pay any attention to the motherboard temp.

Try reinstalling the graphics driver. After that it could be the game, but thats my guess.

If its Steam, open Steam, right click the game, properties, and click on Verify Game cache under Local I believe.    

I would run other games and if all runs great then I wouldn't worry about what you're seeing for frame drop at those still high levels.

Edited by bprat22 - 05 Oct 2015 at 1:15pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:12pm
HWMonitor for some reason doesn't like the Vanquish mobo temp... HWMonitor says mine's been running at 121C since I got it. I use Speccy now for mobo temps.
rkelso13 View Drop Down

Quote rkelso13 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 4:38pm
FPS has dropped even more.... now im down to 120 on this game and even did a restart. Something definately seems off.
Zoofro View Drop Down

Quote Zoofro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 8:22am
Are you suffering from stuttering in your game play? Game look like a slide show when you're playing it?

I wouldn't be too concerned with the FPS. As long as your computer is providing a smooth gaming experience with no choppiness the FPS is just relative. Just my .02 however so do with that as you will.

Edited by Zoofro - 07 Oct 2015 at 7:04am
Apollo
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
16GB DDR4 2800MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX
512GB Samsung 850 PRO
2TB Western Digital
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 8:29am
What he ^ said.  Big%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply