Post Date: 2012-05-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sambee99 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sambee99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: cyberpower or DS
    Posted: 12 May 2012 at 9:19am
ive spent days trying to find out what is the best company to buy a solid decent computer from, im from england and i know DS dont have a factory over here so i want to know do they ship?
cyberpower does have a company in uk but i want to know who is best
i have around £1600 to spend which is about $2,571.11
i want the best computer for that money
darbebo View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote darbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2012 at 10:49am
Digital Storm > Cyberpower and Ibuypower for sure,

tybalt View Drop Down

Quote tybalt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2012 at 12:04pm
I was considering cyber power as well but am sticking with ds. Cyberpower seems to have the best prices vs quality. A lot of reviews I saw said their customer serivce wasn't that good and it's not tested as through as ds it seems. Plus the warranty is nice
Intel Core i7 3770K 4.5 GHz
ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
(120GBSSD 1TB hard drive)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB (Overclocked EVGA)
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:43pm

A lot of times when people compare us they see our higher prices, however, we do have our very aggressively priced line called Marauder and ODE which is under our Special|OPS line.

sambee99 View Drop Down

Quote sambee99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2012 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Alex

A lot of times when people compare us they see our higher prices, however, we do have our very aggressively priced line called Marauder and ODE which is under our Special|OPS line.

do you ship to england? and what one would you recommend for around £1600 which is around $2400-$2500?
Asangard View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Asangard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2012 at 1:00pm
Hi sambee99 and welcome to the forums.

To give you a good recomendation we need a couple of things.  What will you be using the computer for?  Also we need to know the resolution of the monitor you have or are planning on getting.  And lastly are there any special needs that you have?

All evil comes from within,
Not from Without,
Therefore, the 1st step on the Holy Warrior path,
Is to recognize thyself as thy 1st enemy.

sambee99 View Drop Down

Quote sambee99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2012 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Asangard

Hi sambee99 and welcome to the forums.

To give you a good recomendation we need a couple of things.  What will you be using the computer for?  Also we need to know the resolution of the monitor you have or are planning on getting.  And lastly are there any special needs that you have?

i will be using the computer for high end gaming
i play armed assault 2 alot and waiting for armed assault 3
i play online alot
i dont have any special needs really i do want the new gtx 680 though

i just want the best computer possible for that money because this company seems like they dont put as much effort or attention into their systems,, it sounds stupid but i want a system that will put others to shame with looks and performance as i will have this computer for a while
Asangard View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Asangard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2012 at 3:17pm
One other question I forgot to ask.  Is the shipping cost included in your budget listed above?  If so you will need to get the shipping costs to England from DS.  Also there could be import taxes you might have to pay. 

Here is a configuration to start with.  Config #687808 Cost $2538 not including shipping or import fees.

see explanations listed below

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40 GHz (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core) (Requires Z77 Motherboard)
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (Intel Z77 Chipset) (Features Thermal Armor and Thermal Radar)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 520 Series)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital/Seagate/Hitachi/Samsung (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB (Includes PhysX)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Extreme Performance
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro/Deluxe/Sabertooth Motherboard)
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

I used the HAF X case - this case is the best to air cooling.
I used the i5 3570 CPU - to keep within budget and you will see little to no difference in gaming between the i5 3570 and the i3770.
I used the Z77 Sabertooth motherboard.  Allows for adding a 2nd graphics card later and has a 5 yr warranty.
I used 8GB RAM - this is all the RAM that games need.
I used the Corsair 1050HX PSU - Not needed for single graphics card but does allow for 2nd graphics card in SLI down the road and has a 7yr warranty.
I used the Intel 120GB 520 SSD for you main drive - The Intel 520 series SSDs are better than the Corsairs and have a 5 yr warranty.  Added a 1TB HDD for a storage drive. 
I used the GTX 680 per your request
I used the Noctua NH-D14 air CPU cooler - One of the best air coolers on the market
I forgot to add the free T-Shirt.  This is a must. Big%20Smile

I hope this helps and let us know what you think

Edited by Asangard - 13 May 2012 at 3:18pm
Not from Without,

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2012 at 10:35pm
Shipping to England is going to be expensive, at least a couple hundred dollars, if not close to a $1,000 --- I'm not sure if that will work with your budget?
sambee99 View Drop Down

Quote sambee99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2012 at 5:08am

One other question I forgot to ask.  Is the shipping cost included in your budget listed above?  If so you will need to get the shipping costs to England from DS.  Also there could be import taxes you might have to pay. 

Here is a configuration to start with.  Config #687808 Cost $2538 not including shipping or import fees.

see explanations listed below

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF XExterior Finish: - Standard Factory FinishTrim Accents: - Standard Factory FinishProcessor: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40 GHz (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core) (Requires Z77 Motherboard) Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (Intel Z77 Chipset) (Features Thermal Armor and Thermal Radar)System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) Expansion Bay: - No ThanksHard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 520 Series) Set 1 Raid Options: - No ThanksHard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital/Seagate/Hitachi/Samsung (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache) Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No ThanksOptical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)Optical Drive 2: - No ThanksInternet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB (Includes PhysX) Add-on Card: - No ThanksSound Card: Integrated Motherboard AudioExtreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Extreme Performance H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System SelectedChassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis FansInternal Lighting: - No ThanksEnhancements: - No ThanksChassis Mods: - No ThanksNoise Reduction: - No ThanksLaserMark: - No ThanksBoost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro/Deluxe/Sabertooth Motherboard)Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memoryBoost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating systemWindows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)Virus Protection: - No ThanksOffice: - No ThanksGame: - No ThanksDisplay: - No ThanksSurge Shield: - No ThanksSpeakers: - No ThanksKeyboard: - No ThanksMouse: - No ThanksExternal Storage: - No ThanksExclusive T-Shirt: - No ThanksPriority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully ProcessedWarranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

I used the HAF X case - this case is the best to air cooling.
I used the i5 3570 CPU - to keep within budget and you will see little to no difference in gaming between the i5 3570 and the i3770.
I used the Z77 Sabertooth motherboard.  Allows for adding a 2nd graphics card later and has a 5 yr warranty.
I used 8GB RAM - this is all the RAM that games need.
I used the Corsair 1050HX PSU - Not needed for single graphics card but does allow for 2nd graphics card in SLI down the road and has a 7yr warranty.
I used the Intel 120GB 520 SSD for you main drive - The Intel 520 series SSDs are better than the Corsairs and have a 5 yr warranty.  Added a 1TB HDD for a storage drive. 
I used the GTX 680 per your request
I used the Noctua NH-D14 air CPU cooler - One of the best air coolers on the market
I forgot to add the free T-Shirt.  This is a must. Big%20Smile

I hope this helps and let us know what you think

Would the i7 not be better??

I'm really stuck unless DS can give me a name of who they think is the best gaming computer company in the uk as the shipping cost will be too much for me
Asangard View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Asangard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2012 at 8:32am
Hi Sambee99
The big difference between the i5 3570K and the i7 3770K is the i7 has hyperthreading and the i5 doesn't.  Games don't use this hyperthreading ability so there is no difference from a gaming stand point between them.  There are programs that do use the hyperthreading including Windows itself.  So you would see improvements in programs that take advantage of this hyperthrreading ability.

Not from Without,

sambee99 View Drop Down

Quote sambee99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2012 at 12:59pm

Hi Sambee99
The big difference between the i5 3570K and the i7 3770K is the i7 has hyperthreading and the i5 doesn't.  Games don't use this hyperthreading ability so there is no difference from a gaming stand point between them.  There are programs that do use the hyperthreading including Windows itself.  So you would see improvements in programs that take advantage of this hyperthrreading ability.

what you reccommend as being the best company to buy from in uk for a solid gaming computer?
i know DS seem to be the best in US

but i dunno weather to stay away from alienware or not
if you could please help me find the best company in uk that would be one amazing help
Asangard View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Asangard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:22pm
I would try doing a search using "Custom Build Gaming Computers".  Then from that list look for ones that offer quality components (Like DS) and have a solid reputation with their builds and customer service.

I hope that helps and good luck in your search.
Not from Without,

Post Reply Post Reply