FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Debating which system to buy

Post Date: 2017-03-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MKBreeZy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MKBreeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Debating which system to buy
    Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 8:27am
I have been looking into "A" Aurora R6 or the Area-51, but I've also recently fell in love the the DS Apollo "Better" Series.

I really want a system that I can upgrade over time, Motherboard, graphics card, cpu, etc. Any ideas?

Edited by MKBreeZy - 04 Mar 2017 at 9:00am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 8:59am
No debate or thought process..Go DS Apollo for their name brand components, no proprietary, quality of build , and excellent service.   Last I looked "A" doesn't tell you what brand drives, graphics card, motherboard, etc., but I haven't checked in awhile.  If you configure a DS with the same specs you'll probably find the DS several hundred more, again a guess, but if the big A is giving you proprietary motherboard, power supply, etc you might find upgrading more difficult.   Just things to consider over just the cheapest you can find.

Plus, I'm here on the DS forum, for years, because I believe in them.  So kinda biased.  Not putting the service down on the others, just think its better here.   Big%20Smile
MKBreeZy View Drop Down

Quote MKBreeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 9:01am
Originally posted by bprat22

No debate or thought process..Go DS Apollo for their name brand components, no proprietary, quality of build , and excellent service.   Last I looked "A" doesn't tell you what brand drives, graphics card, motherboard, etc., but I haven't checked in awhile.  If you configure a DS with the same specs you'll probably find the DS several hundred more, again a guess, but if the big A is giving you proprietary motherboard, power supply, etc you might find upgrading more difficult.   Just things to consider over just the cheapest you can find.Plus, I'm here on the DS forum, for years, because I believe in them.  So kinda biased.  Not putting the service down on the others, just think its better here.   Big%20Smile

so is DS upgradeable over time though? Like in 4-5years, can i swap out Mobo, and all that stuff?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 9:06am
For sure.  In fact, if you hunt through the forums enough you'll come across DS customers from 5, 6, 7 years ago, asking for upgrade advice.   Myself and others steer them to the best upgrade for the bucks, without wasting money on parts that make little difference.

Every part in a DS system is easily swapped out, the motherboard being probably the hardest to upgrade for most, depending on your skill set.  .  Luckily the mobo is usually good for 5-7 years to stay with good gaming performance.  It's the graphics cards that most will swap in about 3-4 years and maybe again before a new rig is needed. 

Edited by bprat22 - 04 Mar 2017 at 9:07am
MKBreeZy View Drop Down

Quote MKBreeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 9:08am

For sure.  In fact, if you hunt through the forums enough you'll come across DS customers from 5, 6, 7 years ago, asking for upgrade advice.   Myself and others steer them to the best upgrade for the bucks, without wasting money on parts that make little difference.Every part in a DS system is easily swapped out, the motherboard being probably the hardest to upgrade for most, depending on your skill set.  .  Luckily the mobo is usually good for 5-7 years to stay with good gaming performance.  It's the graphics cards that most will swap in about 3-4 years and maybe again before a new rig is needed. 

alright but even if it difficult , the mobo can be swapped? sorry for the same question. i've literally been shopping and researching for about 3weeks on which pc to buy. I want a computer than i can upgrade through out the years. Motherboard and all
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 9:12am
No problem, I understand the concern.   Big%20Smile

Yep, the motherboard , and every other part, are the same ones you'd get retail.  Need a new one ?, just remove the old and install the new.  Keep in mind, in the future,  any mobo swap would most likely involve a new cpu and maybe ram sticks. 
MKBreeZy View Drop Down

Quote MKBreeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 9:41am

No problem, I understand the concern.  

Big%20SmileYep, the motherboard , and every other part, are the same ones you'd get retail.  Need a new one ?, just remove the old and install the new.  Keep in mind, in the future,  any mobo swap would most likely involve a new cpu and maybe ram sticks. 

thank you man <3
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 6:56pm
Hi. As a former AW user I can say with no problem.........NO WAY IN HECK WOULD I EVER BUY ANOTHER AW. I have 4 DS systems. My big reason for staying true to DS? Customer service. Period. The other computer maker (who will not be named) suck!!!! And I have sent my computer back to DS for an upgrade with no issues.   
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Post Reply Post Reply