FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deciding between two models

Post Date: 2012-11-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aidan23 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aidan23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Deciding between two models
    Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 8:41pm
Budget: 1200 (roughly)

I am firstly very glad I found you this you guys come with some high praise from the magazine I read (PCgamer) and the time has come for me to replace my old machine, which I have not-so-lovingly named "The Jet Engine". After doing some research I have pared my options to either the Maurader level 4 or the Bolt level 2. I live in a rather small space and was wondering if the Bolt will be just as effective as I have read the maurader will be. It would be nice to actually set the computer on the desk behind my monitors to save space. I will be using this machine for mostly games such as WoW and GW2, but not limited to those (skyrim, new bioshock, etc). I just wanted your guys opinions on the matter. Thanks

Future Customer,
Aidan23
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 8:55pm
I think you would be better off with the Maurader it has the Cooler Master Hyper 212 which has great reviews and the case being big will keep your computer from overheating. Just my opinion on the whole deal.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 28 Nov 2012 at 8:55pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 8:58pm
Also the Maurader would be less noiser. If you look at the Bolt and Maurader you can see the difference in cooling and the noise level.
aidan23 View Drop Down

Quote aidan23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 10:52pm
Does the bolt have overheating problems? also I am not sure that noise the way you are thinking and noise of the caliber of my current comp are the same thing. The fans on the current comp I think are loud even through my g35 headphones so either of these would be a step up in that department.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 3:05am
Now i don't know if it would have heating problems. I mean its smaller than the Maurader but i think Alex or somebody would have to tell you for sure.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 29 Nov 2012 at 3:06am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 4:24am
Its tough to compare the Bolt to other mainstream systems.   Its unique to DS and until other users give feedback or websites test it we have to trust that DS, and I do, tested it and are comfortable with the heat/noise signatures.

The Marauder 4 does have a bit better video card and more room for growth and easier to work on.   The Bolt is nice for space challenged setups and will perform within 10% of the M4 in gaming.   

Hope this helps.
aidan23 View Drop Down

Quote aidan23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 11:37am
okay so forgetting the bolt because I am not so sure that I really want a mini pc right now seeing as how it seems we would need to buy it on faith and I am to impatient to wait on reviews. So comparing desktops then I looked at the Ode 1 and it only has two differing things
    1) A slightly better graphics card
    2) The overclocking
What I would like to know is do those things really matter in the long run? Every review I have seen raves about the ode. Is it really that superior? or should I save the 200 and go with the M4.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 11:53am
Hi aidan23....   For the $200 you'd be getting a better case with more features like 4x usb 2.0 ports and 1x usb3.0  port on top front and  better cooling with its top 200mm fan kicking heat out the top.  Also the 600T case has internal lighting and a front and top LED fan, white.  Not sure that's important to you.  Also a fan control that varies the speed some but not alot. 
Also, the gtx 670 is a better video card.

Not sure what you play or the monitor you use but here's link that compares the two cards with different games, resolutions.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/647?vs=598      Might help you decide.

Also, the overclocking will give you a few more  frames per second with some games and little with others.

Good luck and whatever you go for remember the free t-shirt. Big%20SmileBig%20Smile

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Online
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 1:18pm
The Bolt does not have overheating problems, if it did, we never would be offering it on our website.

In addition, we made improvements to the power supply design, all Bolt orders will receive a unit that is quiet.
 Post Reply Post Reply