Post Date: 2015-09-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
t20150908 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote t20150908 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Desktops Pricing
    Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 4:21pm
Apologies if this has been asked before.

By customizing the build of a desktop, I can have the same internal hardware in a Slade build versus a Hailstorm II build versus an Aventum II (soon to be III) build. The only difference is the case and the price.

This prompts the questions:
1. What is the difference in price accounting for, other than the different case?
2. Is there any reason NOT to get the cheapest case?
3. Are there any different options available in the customization by choosing a different case/model?
4. What is the real difference in these cases, other than cable management, physical size, built-in ports, and airflow? Is there anything else I am not considering?
5. What does the name/model chosen really mean? I can choose a different case in both Hailstorm II or Slade and it comes out to the same cost...

Thank you for your time and thoughtful responses! Looking forward to seeing if the Aventum III is right for me, and otherwise will choose a different model.

Edit: Tried to make a list properly using LIST, but it was always white and I could not get the color to change.

Edited by t20150908 - 17 Sep 2015 at 4:24pm
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 4:44pm
1. If the case is the only difference, that's what the difference in cost is
2. Some cases have better airflow (Velox), some are deisgned to be quieter (Slade), and some are designed to work with high-end water cooling loops with large radiators (Hailstorm and Aventum). Also aesthetics.
3. Not in there configuration page, but if there are any issues with your build selection, they'll contact you and work out what can be done.
4. Aesthetics, weight, # of PCI-e slots (7 to 10 on mid and full towers), radiator space, build materials, windows, # of PSUs, built-in power cables and water cooling.
5. They just name the cases, but you are free to customize as you want. They have a few pre-configured set-ups, but those are only their recommendations (you'll find that the forum members have slightly different recommendations)

And yes, the bullet points do not work for whatever reason. I have been able to change their color to a dark gray, but can't get black for some reason.
t20150908 View Drop Down

Quote t20150908 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 6:20pm
Thank you for your well-explained answers, !
 Post Reply Post Reply