Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm Enix: Small Footprint + Big Power
    Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 3:57am

Digital Storm’s Enix Merges Minimalist Aesthetics with Brute Force Computing Power

Sandy Bridge architecture, vertical heat dissipation, efficient internal structure and above 4.7GHz overclocks, create a powerful gaming system unlike any other

Fremont, Calif. - (January 24, 2011)Digital Storm, the predominant name in computer system integration and engineering, proudly debuts it’s most innovative and efficient PC design to date - Enix.

The Enix from Digital Storm shatters the status quo by delivering bleeding edge performance while maintaining the minimalistic footprint of modern desktop computers. By disregarding the common wisdom that bigger is better, the Enix’s small profile takes full advantage of the Micro ATX format.  Overclocks of 4.7GHz and above are easily achieved thanks to the Enix’s vertically cooled chassis and Intel’s new powerful Sandy Bridge architecture. In addition, the motherboard is rotated 90 degrees taking full advantage of heat’s natural tendency to rise. The Enix can also be customized to fit a dual GTX 580 configuration, giving it the versatility of being an elite gaming machine or a high performance workstation.

The Enix looks like no other desktop computer because it isn’t one; it foregoes the inherited inefficiencies to be born anew in a bold sleek design. At its center is a computing engine capable of delivering the type of staggering performance most users thought wasn’t possible with a modern desktop computer of similar size.

The design of the Enix’s internal structure gives it numerous advantages over conventional desktop computers. The Enix’s 90 degree motherboard rotation offers easy access to ports at the top of the chassis, eliminating the need to reach behind the computer to connect peripherals. Also, located at the top of the Enix is a hot-swap bay and two USB 3.0 ports. The hot-swap bay makes it easy to take your data on the go and the USB 3.0 ports provide blazing fast data transfer speeds. Additionally, the hard-drives in the Enix are all installed on the side of the chassis so that they can be passively cooled, minimizing noise for a silent user experience.

“Enix’s design is a dramatic departure from any system we’ve ever built in the past. By rethinking conventional PC design the Enix provides our customers with every imaginable advantage over other machines,” remarked Rajeev Kuruppu, Digital Storm’s Director of Product Development. “Accessibility to all the components is unparalleled and the vertically designed chassis keeps everything cool and quiet. Couple that with an outrageously overclocked Sandy Bridge chip and you have one of the most efficient and powerful machines on the market.”

Digital Storm’s Enix is available for purchase at http://www.digitalstormonline.com/compblackops.asp with a base configuration starting at $1,132.

Edited by Alex - 24 Jan 2011 at 4:06am
AustinHiggs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote AustinHiggs Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 5:36am
That Case Looks Amazing.
How is it cooled so well with such tight spacing?
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 8:11am
nice to so smaller form factor systems available.  very nice!Strong
Bloodluster1 View Drop Down

Quote Bloodluster1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 6:53pm
Nice case design DS. Awesome You guys are the king of custom pc building in my mind. Anyway, what does the bottom of the case look like? Is it ventilated at all? Oh, does the case come with those red grills/covers standard? You guys just keep amazing me. Drooling Now I definitely want to get a system from you, preferably the Enix. Big%20Smile  
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 7:22pm
There are a ton of vents at the bottom. The case comes with that standard.

Quote Bloodluster1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 7:57pm
Sweet! Thanks Alex. Big%20Smile Still can't take my eyes or my mind off that case design. Drooling
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 8:02pm
oooo, FT03. Still wondering where that Raven 3 though, I wonder....
Silverstone rep that I  contacted said it'd be released around Feb or so.

Originally posted by Bloodluster1

Nice case design DS. Awesome You guys are the king of custom pc building in my mind. Anyway, what does the bottom of the case look like? Is it ventilated at all? Oh, does the case come with those red grills/covers standard? You guys just keep amazing me. Drooling Now I definitely want to get a system from you, preferably the Enix. Big%20Smile  

Originally posted by Silverstone

Top 1 x 120mm exhaust fan, 1200rpm, 22dBA
1 x 92/80mm optional fan
 Bottom 2 x 120mm intake fans, 1200rpm 22dBA
2 x 80mm optional fan slots

EDIT : Ooo. Full overview of the FT03/Enix by SS.

Edited by ablahblah - 25 Jan 2011 at 4:21pm
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
dillinkay View Drop Down

Quote dillinkay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 10:12pm
I just purchased the ultimate version of this rig.

And from what i was told i am the first to order one?

Heres to hoping it is as awesome as it looks! :)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 1:06am
Be sure to tell us how you like it and report temps and etc.

Congrats
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 1:32am
Originally posted by dillinkay

I just purchased the ultimate version of this rig.

And from what i was told i am the first to order one?

Heres to hoping it is as awesome as it looks! :)

Congrats Awesome

I hope you can find time to write a review once you get it! Big%20Smile
dillinkay View Drop Down

Quote dillinkay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 6:53am
Will do. I opted for the Corsair stage 2 in it, and from the looks of it the fans are going to be decent size and there are quite a few. So it should report well.

MosleyP4P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MosleyP4P Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 8:28am
Kind of a stupid question... But, do you have to run the system without the "top" grill on? Or is there a slot for the cords to go through once everything is connected? Another thing I was wondering... Is the small single slot in the front the disc drive and if so, does it load similar to a PS3 (the tray doesn't come out). Please forgive the ignorance, but I do like the design and have conisdered it for the system I will be ordering just for it's looks provided the airflow is good.
dillinkay View Drop Down

Quote dillinkay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 9:25am
There are indeed slots on the left, right, and back of the rig for cables to be slide threw. They are a decent size to.

The slot loaded disk drive is just like a PS3.

The airflow should be great. Big cases have to push the air far before it can be shifted out of the case where it belongs. This case design is small and therefore the air doesnt have to travel as far. It also has the "Air rises" principle on its side which makes it even more of a great idea.

There are like five fans inside all pointing tword openings in the case. I think it will be fine, but i will post temps etc when i get my system.
MosleyP4P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MosleyP4P Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 10:47am
Thanks for the info! I think I have finally decided on the hardware I want to go with after weeks of thinking (its been months since I've been looking at computers though). I am still undecided if I want to go with the HAF 922 or the Enix case in terms of "looks" and functionality. I can understand how some may elect to skip on a case such as the Enix (as some have cited the fact they'd like more room to operate within their case). However, I personally do not plan on getting inside my case all to often, aside from cleaning it. Which brings me to wonder, how one may go about cleaning in this type of case. That being said, I do like the design allot, and the loaded disk drive is cool (its sleek looking overall, especially with the lack of a tray coming out).

<sigh> nother aspect of my build to ponder... To roll with the Enix or not. There is a strong chance I will be ordering Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, so the decision will be made soon enough. I think I am leaning towards the Enix case and was intrigued by the design the first time I noticed it. However, I do like the industrial-rugged look of the HAF series of cases as well. Decisions, decisions...LOL

Another note... would DS ship this with foam inside the case like the others? I am guessing no (I dont see how it would fit lol). I am just wondering about the shipping with the Enix case as I live on the east coast and it will have a long way to travel.
dillinkay View Drop Down

Quote dillinkay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 7:11pm
Thats actually a great question i would like an answer to aswell

ALEX!!! please help! :D

To clean the case or work on it all four sides come off pretty easily. You pop the top off, and then life up on each panel and the front and left and right sides pop off to give you a TON of room to move your hands, etc.

MosleyP4P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MosleyP4P Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 10:11pm
My apologies for those questions everyone... The video some one posted above pretty much explained the case function Frustrated

Anyway, I think I am going with this case for my build... It would actually fit on my desk alongside my monitor, unlike most computers (the last one I had besides that gateway was a dell xps that weighed about 90lbs and needed its own table beside my desk, lol). I guess I really like the look of the Enix and the fact it is unique in design. So, I guess there is a filter for dust at the bottom, if I viewed that correctly? That will be good.

Ah... I really want to pay for the priority building and overnight shipping so I do not have to wait... Hopefully I will be placing the order on Tuesday! I just hope everything works well, because this will be the most I have ever spent on a computer Smile

Quote Bloodluster1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 11:02pm
I'm envious of you guys talking about getting a new system with this case. Hope you guys put up some really kick-ass reviews! Big%20Smile Take lots of pics too!
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 11:13pm
Not unique in design, it's just building on what the RV01 introduced and stuffing it in a box.
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
MosleyP4P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MosleyP4P Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 11:35pm
Oh, well, Its unique to me in that I have not seen something like that before. Then again, this will be the first time I have ever purchased from a custom PC builder before. RV01 = The Raven case ? Sorry, I am just curious and not sure which case you are talking about (would love to see more cool designs).
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 11:46pm
RV01 is the original Raven case, which Silverstone has so nicely spawned so many great cases off of since. I own a RV01 at the moment, check my review, and it has so far spawned the Raven 2 (RV02), Fortress 2/Assassin (FT02), Temjin 11 (TJ11), Fortress 3/Enix (FT03), and soon the Raven 3 (RV03). All of which use the vertical design concept the RV01 introduced, and building on the flaws that the RV01 has (that I know of).
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:13am
The chassis does include our internal expanding foam.
MosleyP4P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MosleyP4P Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:15am
Very cool, thank you for the info! I like the look of the Raven and Assassin as well.
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:19am
Dont get a Raven now, wait for the Raven 3. Best thing ever since the RV01 lol, improved on it so much. The Raven 2 was blegh for me, Raven 3 fixed it.

Edited by ablahblah - 31 Jan 2011 at 12:19am
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
dillinkay View Drop Down

Quote dillinkay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 9:06am
I will be writing a very "detailed" review on everything about the rig when i get it.

I will take pics, etc. Provide temps. The whole nine.
 Post Reply Post Reply