FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Digital Storm VANQUISH 7 - Level 1 C4D

Post Date: 2018-05-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Me3d View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Me3d Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm VANQUISH 7 - Level 1 C4D
    Posted: 31 May 2018 at 7:50am
Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, I'm just looking for a little information on the Digital Storm VANQUISH 7 - Level 1.

Some thing's below that may help if I state them first.

PC that I have been using.

HP z420 E5-2660 version 1 34GB memory, GTX670, ssd.

Ok, I mainly used the Z420 for motion graphics in Cinema 4D R19.
Most of my motion grapfic productions are less then a minute long and the Z420 handled it with not much problem. complex render for me on the Z420 would take about 3 hours, most of my renders would take under an hour.

IT worked fairly well in my humble opinion.

It is pretty safe to say that if I ungraded to a Z420 E5-2680 version 2 and a GTX 970 that I would be pretty satisfied with it's performance.

My Z420 recently turned to toast, I was contemplating upgrading to a little more powerful z420 , but it's really not cost effective.

Ok, sorry, here is my question.

In your opinion, would a VANQUISH 7 Level 1 be a contender for me?
I can't afford a level 2 at this time.
My hope is that I could get along with a level 1 until such time I that can afford to upgrade it in the not to dissent future.

Would the built in video card do as well or better then a GTX 670?

At this time I could probably afford to upgrade the CPU for a level one, is it possible to do that?

Or, do you think I could just buy a level 1 and upgrade to something like a GTX1050 or 1060?

One reason I'm considering the VANQUISH 7, is that well, it's beautiful, and I really like the support that comes with it.

Thank you in advance for any advice that you may have for me.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2018 at 8:57am
I don't know anything about motion graphics, but I can shed some light on the comparison of modern graphics to that GTX 670.

The on-chip AMD Vega 11 is simply no match. One bench I saw was multi-rendering, and I'm guessing that applies for you. The 670 was over 200% faster.

The picture changes when we look at discrete cards. The GTX 1050 Ti, although pretty much neck and neck with the 670 in gaming benches, still loses out in the multi-rendering by about 20%. The 1060 3GB on the other hand, kicks the 670 to the curb. 52% better on multi-rendering, and about 70% better performance overall.

Again, I'm guessing here, but it seems clear to me 8 GB of RAM would hurt you vs the 34 you have now. Although my opinion is that FOR GAMING, the Vanquish 1 is a very decent and very upgradeable platform, you'd be looking at some $230 for a 1060, and a RAM upgrade(?). The problem there is that the mobo only has 2 RAM slots, and that would mean you'd have to get all new RAM, assuming they use 2x 4GB chips. The Vanquish line is not upgradeable at all, so we're kinda stuck, unless they use one 8GB chip, but then you'd be maxed out at 16 GB RAM.

I hope this info is any good at all.
Me3d View Drop Down

Quote Me3d Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:48am
Well, I think that is all I need to know.
Thank you.
Have a great Game.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 1:00am
Thanks. Glad I could help.
 Post Reply Post Reply