Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm VANQUISH II
    Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:42am
Today we just launched our new VANQUISH II gaming PC. Starting at $699, this is a great system for gamers. It's ready to ship within 72-hours.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/vanquish-ii.asp

ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:51am
sweet looking case
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:53am
Definitely, a 'looker'. StrongBig%20Smile

The case also tested very good for low noise and cooling from what I've seen.  

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:56am
Chino View Drop Down

Quote Chino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 4:47pm
No more i5-4670k with overclock? :(
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 4:53pm
Correct. The VANQUISH line is mainly for the best performance for the dollar. By dropping the "K" series from the CPU, we were able to drop the price by a lot since we could change the motherboard and the CPU cooler.

We rather have overclocked/higher-end builds be made on our other models.
Deezzr View Drop Down

Quote Deezzr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 7:01pm
Thinking about pulling the trigger on the Vanq2 but I would like to know if this would fit into my desk. I've looked on Corsairs website and they don't list the dimensions from what I can see and I'm getting conflicting figures from other websites.

I've seen 440mm tall to 550mm tall

440mm would work, 550 would not Cry
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 11:45pm
These are the dimensions NewEgg (TigerDirect is also similar) lists: 21.7" L x 8.3" W x 17.3" H

That falls in line with your 440mm height which sounds right as that is the normal mid-tower height.
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Akash View Drop Down

Quote Akash Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 12:03am
can i manually change the graphics card from gtx 770 to 

GeForce GTX TITAN...... in the future....

Edited by Akash - 13 Mar 2014 at 12:04am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 2:56am
Yes, you can change the video card. Any of the parts are upgradeable.

Good luck.
2Cold View Drop Down

Quote 2Cold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 7:12am
Was hopping on here today been saving up for quite a while now so that I could purchase the old Lvl. 4 Vanquish only too see that now the new Vanquish II Lvl. 4 has lost a lot of its shine.
Dropping the z87 Mobo for a H series chipset mobo seems like a bad move. I mean I was going to get the old Vanquish with the Z87 chipset so that in the future I could upgrade to the 4770k now with this h series board you lose out on memory upgrades as the max is now 16gb being that there is only 2 dimm slots, also in order to upgrade the processor in the future I would need a new mobo to get decent overclocks on a K series processor which means that I would also need a new Microsoft windows key and the H series Mobo is only pcie 2.0 rather than 3.0 and I believe that you can only run one Gpu on this board. Seems as though you are pretty much locked in with these new Vanquish II's and there is no upgrade path unless you are willing to shell out the money for a new mobo, processor and windows key all totaling in excess of about 500 dollars.
Really sad to see the Z chipset mobo swapped for the H series.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 7:42am
I'm guessing DS figured they'd lose some customers with the mini mobo and the loss of oc, but will gain much more with its pricing.  The Vanquish level 4 could never sli , and the 2.0 Pciex16 lane is little or no loss even with a gtx 780ti.   Can't say about future cards, but right now, not an issue.   The cards just don't saturate the single 16 lanes to any extent.

Most customers will never upgrade the cpu, at least those interested in the vanquish line.  It is considered an entry or mid level gaming rig, with others builds available for higher end needs.   

A lot of customers were always concerned with overclocking, thinking it would shorten the life of the chip and didn't want it.  We know oc is perfectly safe, but others in this price range don't want to be bothered.

As another forum member put it, the new Vanquish II level 4 is a step back with mobo and no oc, but a couple of steps forward for those looking for a great price on a gtx 770. 4 core, SSD setup.

I do hear your concerns but DS has decided to market it a bit different. 

Edited by bprat22 - 13 Mar 2014 at 7:42am
Chino View Drop Down

Quote Chino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by 2Cold

Was hopping on here today been saving up for quite a while now so that I could purchase the old Lvl. 4 Vanquish only too see that now the new Vanquish II Lvl. 4 has lost a lot of its shine.
Dropping the z87 Mobo for a H series chipset mobo seems like a bad move. I mean I was going to get the old Vanquish with the Z87 chipset so that in the future I could upgrade to the 4770k now with this h series board you lose out on memory upgrades as the max is now 16gb being that there is only 2 dimm slots, also in order to upgrade the processor in the future I would need a new mobo to get decent overclocks on a K series processor which means that I would also need a new Microsoft windows key and the H series Mobo is only pcie 2.0 rather than 3.0 and I believe that you can only run one Gpu on this board. Seems as though you are pretty much locked in with these new Vanquish II's and there is no upgrade path unless you are willing to shell out the money for a new mobo, processor and windows key all totaling in excess of about 500 dollars.
Really sad to see the Z chipset mobo swapped for the H series.

Me too... Been saving up for the old Vanquish level 4 with the i5-4670k overclocked CPU... Plus you are right also on shelling out some a lot of cash to upgrade the cpu and mobo in the future... smh.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 2:16pm
I understand. The core behind this is that we rather have overclocked/higher-end builds be made on our other systems.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 3:51pm
Benchmark data:

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 2:00am
Personally, I like the changes.  The Vanquish II is an 'entry level gaming computer' that can be upgraded in the future, should you wish to beef up the system.  This is exactly what the highest Vanquish needed.  I had always thought the OC and the cooling were out of place in comparison with the other units in this model's line...

As said above, should you be of the ilk to buy computers with OC'ing, liquid cooling and SLI bridges, there are plenty of units from which to choose.  Should you just be interested in gaming without all of those buttons, bells and whistles... just need a good solid computer to play games... and if you're not a geek and you don't consider your computer to be an extension of who you are... then the Vanquish II is (now) the perfect fit.

If you ARE the type to OC everything, LOVE to tinker around with the buttons, bells and whistles, and if you are a geek (term of appreciation and endearment in this case) and have to make yours the biggest, brightest, fastest, squeeze every last ounce of power from ever microfiber and transistor, then, again, there are bigger, badder and downright scary-good machines for you.  Lots of them here. 

8 desktop models to choose from...  4 levels per model.  That's 32 different places to START.  28 of them let you configure even further, making the possible combinations almost countless.

So, they give the regular gamers 4 options of a pre-built, sturdy, gaming rig that is still better than most of the computers in use today.  Brilliant.

Thank you Digital Storm.  This move was excellent, in my humble opinion.

Edited by Snaike - 14 Mar 2014 at 2:09am
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Snaike

Personally, I like the changes.  The Vanquish II is an 'entry level gaming computer' that can be upgraded in the future, should you wish to beef up the system.  This is exactly what the highest Vanquish needed.  I had always thought the OC and the cooling were out of place in comparison with the other units in this model's line...

As said above, should you be of the ilk to buy computers with OC'ing, liquid cooling and SLI bridges, there are plenty of units from which to choose.  Should you just be interest in gaming without all of those buttons, bells and whistles... just need a good solid computer to play games... and if you're not a geek and you don't consider your computer to be an extension of who you are... then the Vanquish II is (now) the perfect fit.

If you ARE the type to OC everything, LOVE to tinker around with the buttons, bells and whistles, and if you are a geek (term of appreciation and endearment in this case) and have to make yours the biggest, brightest, fastest, squeeze every last ounce of power from ever microfiber and transistor, then, again, there are bigger, badder and downright scary-good machines for you.  Lots of them here. 

8 models to choose from...  4 levels per model.  That's 32 different places to START.  28 of them let you configure even further, making the possible combinations almost countless.

So, they give the regular gamers 4 options of a pre-built, sturdy, gaming rig that is still better than most of the computers in use today.  Brilliant.

Thank you Digital Storm.  This move was excellent, in my humble opinion.

Not to mention there are other cases available to choose from that aren't shown on the main page, but are shown in the configuration page.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 14 Mar 2014 at 2:12am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

poppy View Drop Down

Quote poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 7:44am

I was thinking the samething as the others posted before me. I posted in another thread my concerns with the new changes. I was also saving up for the better level 4. I really wanted the liquid cool system, better CPU and overclocking. That's all the matter with the video card. I understand it's still good but the older set up was much better. I mean, the way I looked @ it you couldn't purchase the items for the extra 300 dollars so it was a no brainier. I was really excited like a little boy Christmas Eve only to find out that I didn't get what I had really asked for.I was planning on purchasing the system in about two weeks but I think I'm going to go back to what the folks I play with are trying to sway me on and that is -----------. I was looking @ that or either an ----------- system. I priced out the Marauder model to try and make my own level 4 system out of that and to do so puts the price up to around 1,600 which is out of the price range I wanted to spend on a system.But thanks again, you guys do make what seems to be awesome systems. Maybe you have some other changes coming before I purchase within the next two weeks. Hopefully because I would really like a DS but we will see.

EDIT: Competitor name removed - Alex

Edited by Alex - 14 Mar 2014 at 12:32pm
poppy View Drop Down

Quote poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 7:54am
The other thing I forgot to mention is folks should be able to customize the level 4 if they wanted to add other options like liquid cooling or better CPU. I understand dropping components to help with low end. But 1000 dollars isn't really low end to the average end user.I'm not a computer geek by any means. I've always had store bought PC;s and they did just fine.But I haven't been playing MMO internet games that long either. My current PC is pushing 8 years old!So after talking with folks I play with I found I am missing out. I want to be able to add game mods and not have to worry about playing other games out there. I don't event attempt to look @ them with my current PC. So I do want the best PC for the money and the older level 4 was just that. I don't plan to spend much more then that price point.Drop the price of the next model in line and DS will still be competitive. As of right now you can get a --------- system with much more components then the Marauder @ it's entry level 1.

EDIT: Competitor name removed - Alex

Edited by Alex - 14 Mar 2014 at 12:33pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 8:03am
Originally posted by poppy

The other thing I forgot to mention is folks should be able to customize the level 4 if they wanted to add other options like liquid cooling or better CPU. I understand dropping components to help with low end. But 1000 dollars isn't really low end to the average end user.I'm not a computer geek by any means. I've always had store bought PC;s and they did just fine.But I haven't been playing MMO internet games that long either. My current PC is pushing 8 years old!So after talking with folks I play with I found I am missing out. I want to be able to add game mods and not have to worry about playing other games out there. I don't event attempt to look @ them with my current PC. So I do want the best PC for the money and the older level 4 was just that. I don't plan to spend much more then that price point.Drop the price of the next model in line and DS will still be competitive. As of right now you can get a --------- system with much more components then the Marauder @ it's entry level 1.

EDIT: Competitor names removed - Alex

Both cp and ibp both have horrible reviews and what not, check their facebook pages. You get more with Digital Storm, both of those competitors may be cheaper but they sacrifice performance which you still get with DS

"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

poppy View Drop Down

Quote poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 8:04am
Ok Arkansas, thanks.
Dax Doomslayer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 9:03am
FYI - I've bought 2 PCs from ----------.  If anything goes wrong, you are on your own.  From my experience, their support is awful (i.e. shipping something back to them and they shipping it back with the same problem not to mention trying to get them on the phone).  As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for...I'd go anywhere but there...

EDIT: Competitor names removed - Alex

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 12:32pm
@Poppy,

I wanted to also post this here since I see that you made your response on another thread as well:

Correct. I'll be honest, the level of performance you will see from the previous Level 4 and the one now is very, very minimal. You're going to get the same performance for a lower price by the changes we made.

We made those changes to make the system have more "bang for the buck." If you want the best performance for your money, the new VANQUISH II configurations hit the nail on the head. The graphics card is still the same, the CPU is still an Intel i5.

I hope this helps clarify things. We would love to have you as a customer!
2Cold View Drop Down

Quote 2Cold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by bprat22

I'm guessing DS figured they'd lose some customers with the mini mobo and the loss of oc, but will gain much more with its pricing.  The Vanquish level 4 could never sli , and the 2.0 Pciex16 lane is little or no loss even with a gtx 780ti.   Can't say about future cards, but right now, not an issue.   The cards just don't saturate the single 16 lanes to any extent.Most customers will never upgrade the cpu, at least those interested in the vanquish line.  It is considered an entry or mid level gaming rig, with others builds available for higher end needs.    A lot of customers were always concerned with overclocking, thinking it would shorten the life of the chip and didn't want it.  We know oc is perfectly safe, but others in this price range don't want to be bothered.As another forum member put it, the new Vanquish II level 4 is a step back with mobo and no oc, but a couple of steps forward for those looking for a great price on a gtx 770. 4 core, SSD setup.I do hear your concerns but DS has decided to market it a bit different. 

I know the 2.0 pcie lane really does not make that much of an impact on the card. I guess just my biggest concern is dropping the z87 mobo for the H81m series board. The h81 at best is a $60.00 dollar board. Why not drop the K series CPU and go with the 4570 but still keep the zline mobo as the upgrade path for the future is not as costly. I was only trying to bring light to the situation with the mobo as I have a aging pc that I was looking to upgrade until I realized in order to upgrade would have to shell out about 100.00 for a decent mobo, another 200.00 for the cpu and another 100.00 bucks for a new windows key also would have to hope and pray that I would not need to shell out some extra cash for ram as well. I understand cutting corners to keep the price point but dropping the Z line on the mobo for me is a deal breaker.
Thanks for all the feedback!!
ScottishBattleAx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ScottishBattleAx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 11:12am
What case does the Vanquish II use? I need to know the dimensions of it.
HAF X // i7-4770K @ 4.2GHZ // Win 8.1 Pro // ASUS Z87-Expert // EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX // 16GB 1866 RAM // 256GB SSD // 2TB + 4TB HDD // Recon3D 5.1 Sound
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 11:14am
Originally posted by ScottishBattleAx

What case does the Vanquish II use? I need to know the dimensions of it.

Graphite Series 230T not sure the dimensions though on Amazon it has 19.3 x 10.6 x 22 inches listed as product dimensions

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 17 Mar 2014 at 11:15am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Groupie
Groupie

Quote ScottishBattleAx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 11:36am
Thanks, yes that's the one

Those are also the dimensions Digital Storm list, but looking at the manual (which I found on Newegg's product listing - can't see it on Corsair site) it has a diagram of the case with these dimensions:

440mm x 210mm x 550mm

This is:
17.3" x 8.3" x 21.7"

I presume Digital Storm and Amazon are listing the side of the box, not the case.
HAF X // i7-4770K @ 4.2GHZ // Win 8.1 Pro // ASUS Z87-Expert // EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX // 16GB 1866 RAM // 256GB SSD // 2TB + 4TB HDD // Recon3D 5.1 Sound
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 11:40am
We have two threads covering this.  Strong       We'll get it straight.  Hahaha

I saw 440mm x 210mm x 505mm  or 17.3 x 8.3 x 19.8

In that range.  Big%20Smile

I think Nav or Alex should run over to assembly and measure this bad boy. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 17 Mar 2014 at 11:44am
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ScottishBattleAx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 11:52am
bprat, it's 550mm, not 505mm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ScottishBattleAx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 11:55am
At the bottom of the NewEgg case listing there is a great table that shows the actual case dimensions. There is also the Corsair official PDF installation guide that has this diagram:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139028
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 11:59am
AwesomeThere ya go. 

I've seen 3 different review sites that say 505mm..         Corsair should know. Big%20Smile
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 2:14pm
We'll update it now.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 2:25pm
Fixed.   
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 2:33pm
 Strong
poppy View Drop Down

Quote poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Alex

Just wanted to inform everyone that the special pricing on the VANQUISH II is going to end within the next week. If you've been eyeing a new VANQUISH II system between the Level 2 to Level 4 configurations, now is the time to get one.

Following Upcoming Price Changes:

Level 2 = $739 -> $799
Level 3 = $839 -> $899
Level 4 = $1,189 -> $1,299

Prices are going up due to new increases in overhead (assembly, testing, QA, packaging, advertising, service & support, warranty, etc.... The VANQUISH II line is definitely something we try to offer our customers the best deal on. However we're a business after all so we still need to ensure we're not loosing money on the systems.

Just wanted you all to know before the new pricing comes into effect!

How does this explain the reason for the change in the components vs the price drop? Looks like prices are going back up to where the older Vanquish models where with the newer lesser components.

I guess those are right though. DS will lose some potential customers but those that never heard of the Vanquish I system will not be bothered by the changes made and the price of the newer Vanquish II system. 

I also know that there are some folks out there that you just can't please. I am not one of them. Like I posted in another thread, I was leaning on purchasing the newer level 4 system the end of the week taking my lost of the better motherboard, liquid cooling, extra memory slot and turbo. But with the price increase seems to contradict what some have stated the reason for changing out the components (offer a good entry level system @ a much cheaper price).

I know I am only one, but I have been talking with about 20 or so friends of mine on my TS about updating as many of them will be doing so as well when they get their tax returns.

As I have stated before, many are trying to steer me to two other companies but I was told about this site and I have been preaching to them and they too started looking here.

Some will continue to look here as they are into the heavy end of the systems so they will spend the higher end of the money. But many are still in school and were also looking @ the level 4 system...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>