FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DS Rig (Dual 480gtx)

Post Date: 2010-06-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Marino View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: DS Rig (Dual 480gtx)
    Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 10:08am
So after much anticipation I finally received my digital storm computer yesterday (6.29.10) as expected.  (I even worked from home that day in order to set it all up!!)  This is my new baby after I saw all of the benchmark numbers I was getting, as I stated in my config discussion thread I play FPS, and mmorpg (wow, swtor ect..)But I wanted to be able to play at the highest settings and not feel an ounce of framerate lag.

I will tell you I have been stuck on XP since it came out and to be upgraded to Windows 7 is such a treat!!  I'm planning on buying an SSD within the next year or so once the new ones comes out.

Ok now onto the DS review!!  I researched computers on multiple websites before I stumbled upon DS online through word of mouth here at work.  We are all IT geeks and despite me being a programmer I hang with some hardware junkies myself.  From the second I logged into the DS forums I noticed it was different than all of the rest.  Full of knowledge and instant response and the occasional debate on hardware.  This helped me to build the rig I now own today and I thank you for that. 

As DS recommends CALL your CC company before you order to speed things up!!  That was my biggest blip in the ordering process everything else was soo smooth I cannot thank you enough.  When your spending 3 grand on a PC you want top notch service and a top notch product and that is exactly what you get with DS. 

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Cooler Master HAF 932
Processor: Intel Core i7 930 2.8GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 LE Edition SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series  (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1250W Enermax Galaxy EVO (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) (Recommended)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 480 1.5GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D14 Extreme Performance (Does NOT fit on the regular EVGA X58 3X SLI)
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
CPU Boost: FREE: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz (Cooling Upgrade Recommended)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition)

Onto the fun stuff!! PICTURESS!!
Highlighting some pictures below but more can be found at Photobucket....

Marino View Drop Down

Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 10:10am
Now I cannot edit and if you move this to the customer review section please delete this portion but I would like the question answered if someone can.

If you look at picture #2 that I posted and look at the second video card all the way to the left next to the SLI strip there is a semi large piece missing from the video card not sure what caused this but will it cause me any issues?? 
Its right below 'SLI' on the second card.
claude5382 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote claude5382 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 10:13am
CC company?
Claude
"Strength & Honour"
Marino View Drop Down

Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 10:17am
credit card 
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 10:45am
Congrats! Now you just need an Intel SSD and your baby is complete! Hahaha

Originally posted by Marino

If you look at picture #2 that I posted and look at the second video card all the way to the left next to the SLI strip there is a semi large piece missing from the video card not sure what caused this but will it cause me any issues?? 
Its right below 'SLI' on the second card.

I'm afraid we can't really see it via the picture. When you compare it to the top one what seems to be missing from the corner? If it's just the plastic where the screw is then no biggy.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
Marino View Drop Down

Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 11:23am
Ill take a better picture when I get home but its on the red step about as far as you can get to the left.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 3:23pm
Nice system! We'll move it to the customer reviews section shortly after we have our design team finish doing quotes for the pending reviews.
Liq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Liq Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 7:56am
$3k machine and you don't have a mousepad? lol. just kidding, congrats man!
Marino View Drop Down

Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:39am
bump so it doesn't get lost
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:20pm
It wont. I have it saved on my end.
Marino View Drop Down

Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 10:26am
Hey Alex,

I emailed DS using the contact us function via the site in regards to obtaining my EVGA serial numbers but I haven't heard anything back yet.  I believe the message was sent last Tuesday 8/3/10.

Can you help me out?  I am looking to get the high air flow brackets from EVGA for free since I purchased 2 480 GTX with my machine.

thanks.

Like I said in the email I sent the best way to contact me is email [email protected]

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 2:51pm
Our response may have been flagged in your SPAM/Junk Mail folder.

Please send an email to me directly at: [email protected] with your order number and I'll be more than happy to look it up.
 Post Reply Post Reply