gameguy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gameguy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: DS vs the competition
    Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 4:42pm
Budget:
$1,000-$1,200 including peripherals

Usage:
Gaming-Total War,Ark,HOI4

I have been looking for a gaming desktop for a couple months now and had pretty much decided on the Vanquish 7 lv2 but while looking for monitors and keyboards locally I stumbled upon this computer on best buy's website

C******** - Gamer Master Desktop - AMD Ryzen 5-Series - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580 XTR - 1TB Hard Drive

From what i can tell the graphics card in this is significantly better than the vanquish but the processor is not quite as good.

Basically what I am asking is how important is the extra memory in the vanquish, how do you think the two computers compare and of how much worth is Digital Storm's customer support and their upgrade policy? This is my first time buying a gaming computer and so I am not very knowledgeable and any help is appreciated. Thanks!

... competitor name removed...

Edited by Snaike - 07 Jul 2018 at 5:18pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 5:25pm
Here's what I want you to do...   head over to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) site and compare scores for the two companies. Go ahead, we'll wait. (hint, you won't find one of them.. I wonder why?)

See, what we've all come to believe here is that there may be places to get cheaper parts and shoddy workmanship, but if you want to be part of a close knit family, where DS's primary concern is to develop long lasting relationships with their customers, then you'll have to look no further.

Also, DS policy prohibits naming competitors on the forums as per a courtesy to them.

Edited by Snaike - 07 Jul 2018 at 5:31pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 2:10am
Check out their forum (if they have one) to read how the members feel.  Then browse around here. Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 08 Jul 2018 at 2:10am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 2:21am
When the budget is tight it’s so easy to just go with the least expensive choice, or a build with the strongest video card.    After all, isn’t a pc just a pc anywhere you go ?   
Answer is No.    The quality of the parts you didn’t list and most don’t consider, like power supply, motherboard, hard drive and SSD can make the difference between a long lasting pc or one with short term satisfaction.

Plus, if the pc has issues, how good is the vendor you pick? Service after purchase is more important than most think.   Parts fail, issues happen. DS and the vendor you mentioned don’t make their own parts but DS does stress test them hoping to weed out the small percentage of iffy parts before shipping it to you.

gameguy View Drop Down

Quote gameguy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 7:39am
Well after reading several reviews and even after going over the complaints people had about DS it still appears that DS is the way to go. Thank you for your time.
 Post Reply Post Reply