FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dual Monitor Setup and GPU Choice

Post Date: 2013-11-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sdszabo View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sdszabo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Dual Monitor Setup and GPU Choice
    Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 6:59am

I just purchased a Digital Storm computer and am awaiting its completion and arrival!
I'm wondering if I should change from a 780ti to a Titan
I currently have 2 Dell u3011's - one I game on and one that I use for web surfing etc while I'm gaming. I typically play MMOs at ultra but have been reading a lot about VRAM.
Will the 780ti be enough for 2 monitors with only 3GB or should I get a titan to future-proof myself especially if I think I'm going to add another Dell U3011 and jump to 3 monitors (MAYBE in the future).
Will an added 3GM ram help me with 2 monitors if I'm running them both at 2560x1400 but gaming on only one of them right now?

Thanks!!!!!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 8:04am
For gaming on one monitor only, the gtx 780Ti 3gb vram beats the Titan.  Web surfing, Office work, etc on the other monitor won't add much .    I really can't say about a year or two from now, since things have been changing, but by then another generation of card might be out anyways.   
If you mean gaming on a 7680x1440 setup, 3x 2560x1440,  then you'd need a tri-sli setup for max gaming and then Titan's added  vram would help. 

For gaming on one , the 780Ti wins.    Unless you're water cooling the cards, adding another 780Ti later on ,if needed ,will be easy as long as your mobo and psu are up to it.  

Hope this helps.  Big%20Smile  

Edited by bprat22 - 23 Nov 2013 at 8:23am
Sdszabo View Drop Down

Quote Sdszabo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 2:00pm
Thanks! I'll stick with my 780Ti then - sounds like it is exactly what fits me right now!
 Post Reply Post Reply