EVGA SC GTX1080 shipment

Post Date: 2016-07-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: EVGA SC GTX1080 shipment
    Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 8:31am
I wasn't sure which board to post this thread in, but decided on this particular board would be Ok since it does have to do with hardware. :)

Can anyone from Digital Storm comment/update us on when Digital Storm will be getting in the EVGA SuperClock ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 video cards? This appears to be the reason, only reason, why my Hailstorm 2 build is taking longer than normal.

And.....I have another question for the guys over at Digital Storm -
***Is it too late to 'change' my order in regards to the Hailstorm 2 case being changed to the Aventum 3 case? Not knowing that the EVGA shipment would end up being around the time of early August - which is the same time that the Aventum 3 case would also be shipping at, I had ordered the Hailstorm 2 case instead of the Aventum 3 case. Is it too late to switch?

AND, does Digital Storm anticipate getting any of the EVGA Hybrid GTX 1080 video cards any time soon (if at all)?? Because IF Digital Storm is anticipating a shipment of the EVGA Hybrid GTX 1080 vid cards at or around or near the same time the EVGA ACX 3.0 SC cards are coming, I might as well order the EVGA Hybrid instead of the ACX 3,0 SC EVGA card.

***If the answer(s) are that you do not anticipate and EVGA Hybrids coming soon, like within the same timeframe my order is built, then of course, I'll just continue with my original build.

I am aware that there would be additional costs if there are any changes to my order.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 8:47am
Forget the hybrid that is a waste of your time.

For the rest of your questions, its best you ask DS since only DS can do the stuff you want. we would just be guessing.

[email protected]
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 8:51am
Or, if you'd prefer, right to the do'er of things...

[email protected]

Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 9:21am
Thank you for the emails.
I was just too lazy to go look for the emails lol.

Alex did tell me that he would consider going with the Founders Edition getting liquid cooled because it would work just as well as any third party manufacturer since increasing the clock speeds is all that you have to do.

I really do not plan to or care to push my vid card, or even the processor, to it's fullest potential. Yes, I do have liquid cooling for my processor, but I do not for the EVGA cards that will be in the case. I went with liquid cooling mostly/mainly for noise reduction, even tho I am going with air cooled with the vid cards.

I guess it really doesn't matter now that I think about it. I bought the PC rig that I did because I Can, and for no other reason really. Yes, I also bought what I did for gaming reasons, but there again it was because I wanted to and able to.

I am not the PC enthusiast that many of the guys/people here are, but I have the potential in the hardware I've purchased to do what an enthusiast does with their PC builds. :D
Asangard View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Asangard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 10:58am
We do have the GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (EVGA SC ACX 3.0)available as an option on the configurator.
All evil comes from within,
Not from Without,
Therefore, the 1st step on the Holy Warrior path,
Is to recognize thyself as thy 1st enemy.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:02pm
We have supply of the EVGA ACX 3.0 in the GTX 1080 model.
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 3:19pm
Yes, I know that the EVGA SC GTX 1080 vid cards are being offered, I just wasn't sure if DS was waiting for them to be in inventory before they started my personal build because my Hailstorm 2 is still in stage 1. I had figured that was the reason for the hold up.

**My Hailstorm 2 order is being built with dual EVGA SC ACX 3.0 GTX 1080s for an SLI setup.
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 4:04pm
LOL!!!
And just as I posted that last post, I received two updates via email. MY Hailstorm 2 is now in Stage 3. :D

To other potential customers reading this thread, and anyone on the fence on what to decide in regards to buying a custom built PC from Digital Storm, have no worries if you any doubts about Digital Storm and/or if they even read these forums or care about what the customer thinks. So far my experience with Digital Storm has been great. And, you better believe that Digital Storm has employees monitoring their discussion forums/boards.

I am self-employed and work from home (or where ever I take my laptop), but I deal with companies on a daily basis and I've experienced both the positive and the negative with those companies. My experience with Digital Storm has been exceptionally positive in dealing with them :D
 Post Reply Post Reply