FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First Gaming PC!

Post Date: 2016-07-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dedding4341 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dedding4341 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: First Gaming PC!
    Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 8:19pm
So as the subject suggest I'm looking to purchase my first gaming computer after extensively using a Dell XPS 8700. Not the newer model but the one that come with the NVIDIA GTX 645 as its stock graphics card. I've tried fiddling around with some configurations in the Vanquish Series but I'm really not sure what all is necessary.

Budget:
My budget is $1700~$2000, I'm comfortable spending any amount within this range.

Expectations:
Currently I use two monitors, so if possible, I'd like to be able to continue to use the two 1080p monitors I currently have. In addition to this I want to be able to run my games at a reasonable frame rate at high quality.

Usage:
I'm also in school at the moment. So I will be using this PC to run/test code from my CS classes as well as modeling in various programs from the Autodesk suite. And of course, I'll be gaming on this PC in my free time!

I thank you guys for any assistance you can provide! Thank you!

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 8:31pm
Vanquish does not allow us to config much so there is not really to change.

for your autodesk you gonna want a bunch of ram 32GB if possible, if you are gaming on both monitors then I think a 1070 should be ok. If you are gaming on one monitor then the 1060 will do great.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 7:33am
Hi dedding4341,

Here is a Vanquish 5 build to get you started. This has a few compromises to keep the cost within your budget. It should do everything you want to do. You can go into the configurator to make changes to suit you.

I see I left out upgrading the HDD to the WD Black drive for $32. This gives you a better HDD. You can skip it if not in the budget.

Frank

Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 1462141   Cost: $1,984.00

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm VANQUISH 5
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS/GIGABYTE (Intel Z170 Chipset)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series Power Supply: 750W EVGA/Corsair
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (ASUS Turbo) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: High Performance Cooler with Large Fan and Copper Pipes
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects)
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.4GHz (Depends on Cooling and Motherboard)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by FrankW - 31 Jul 2016 at 7:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply