FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FLUIDXP Where to buy?

Post Date: 2017-08-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Blackstar View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Blackstar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: FLUIDXP Where to buy?
    Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 4:58pm
Seemed my Aventum II is getting low on coolant. It is slightly under half of a tank. DS Booklet says I must buy only Fluid XP coolant for this system to top it off. Since this PC is now almost 4 years old, I cant find anywhere that I can order one. Where can I purchase this Fluid XP at?

Also another question is what is the proper way to drain the coolant from my Aventum II system? I was told that my tubes have quick-disconnect fittings. I wasn't sure how to go about it this way as my coolant is starting to turn slight yellowish color so I think it must be time to drain and pour in fresh coolant.

Thanks for your help.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 6:27pm
are you still under your service warranty?  if so, i'd recommend contacting DS directly to at least get tech support to walk you thru the process. 

you can contact the coolant manufacturer here: http://fluidxp.com/main/

if you really want to stay with their product.  or once you flush out the remaining coolant you can go with another brand. 

inspect your rig for a leak with that much coolant missing from the loop.  look for stains around the base of the inside of the case and around all tube connections, rads, fittings and blocks.  if you have a leak you might need to replace o-rings in the fittings.  you probably need to replace the tubing by now if it's soft tubing.  disconnect the psu prior to working on the LC loop.  and don't run the pump w/o fluid in the loop.  for refilling and leak testing make sure you disconnect the power supply from the rest of the system and only have the pump plugged into it (or use an entirely separate psu to test and fill the loop). 
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Blackstar View Drop Down

Quote Blackstar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 6:33pm
Thanks for the info. I will look at the website.

There was no leak. Im not sure why you explained it that I need to check for leaks. The PC is 4 years old so its been a good performance computer without any problems so far. And Ive been keeping tab on it for leaks every time i dust my PC. 4 years and the coolant level already slightly under half of the tank so thats pretty good run.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 6:42pm
could've been evaporation or a leak that's why.  i don't have your pc in front of me, so i wouldn't know.  just wanted to help you out.  mine was down to half and i had slow leak.  so take it fwiw.  sometimes with the Aventums it's hard to look in every little space (like the basement where 2 rads block your view w/o taking it apart).  after 4 years it might be a good time to tear it down and replace discolored tubing, check for gunk in the blocks/rads/fittings, and do a thorough flush at the least.  but it's up to you how little or how much you want to do.  good luck with it.Big%20Smile
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 3:08am
If you never added fluid in 4 years, I don't think you have any leaks. I also had a slow seepage from the small hose connecting the lower rads and the level would drop way quicker than half the reservoir in 4 years. More like half the reservoir in 4 months. Still, slow enough to keep me wondering until I took a look in the basement. The tubing connecting the two rads was too short and I had to drain the whole system, flush and refill to insert a new one.
Contact DS to verify what liquid they used in your system. In mine they used EK (October 2015 build). I flushed twice and changed the fluid to EK-EVO clear.
Like db188  says, after 4 years you should have a complete cooling system tear down and cleaning. If you have colored liquid (sorry just realized you don't) there could be pigment separation and I would change all the tubing if soft. (mean to say soft tubing vs copper or acrylic not if the tubing was soft) 
Good luck and let us know how you decide to do it.

To drain, since there is no drain valve, when I disconnected the lower tubing I did on top of a bucket and opened the reservoir to allow air in.Takes a little while for the whole system to drain. Flush with only distilled water and repeat.

Edited by hoserator - 15 Aug 2017 at 9:03am
Blackstar View Drop Down

Quote Blackstar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 9:15am
Thanks for the response.

No I dont have any leaks. It is a natural process of evaporation due to micro pores in the tubes so its normal when the coolant level in reservoir very slowly changes in so many years. I have been keeping my eyes on it.

As I mentioned in my first post, DS booklet says FluidXP.

I have decided to go with EK EKoolant EVO Clear or the EK-CryoFuel Clear Concentrate coolant. I will be flushing out the loop with distilled water. I didn't realized that FluidXP is a really expensive coolant.

Now I just need to figure out how to drain the loop. Aventum II is a big system with 3 radiators...Im not sure those quick disconnect fittings is going to benefit me to drain the coolant unless I get identical fitting to reconnect it back in order to drain the coolant. It is Koolance black colored brand fittings. I searched online for it but it seems they stopped making them as Im not able to find it. Its the kind where you pull the outer ring back to disconnect as its labeled on the fitting (not the kind where you push the two fittings inward and twist it off to disconnect). There are two Koolance fittings at the graphic card blocks (input and output) and another 2 directly at the cpu block.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 11:39am
you want to usually drain from the lowest (as possible) point in the system.  place paper towels around your components and drain into a bucket like Hose said. 

a 10% distilled vinegar to 90% distilled water mix is the best way to make sure you get a good flush of the loop. rinse>repeat a few times and then run loop with just distilled water for about 24 hours.  like i said earlier it's best to do this w/o the psu powering the rest of the system>just the pump.   

Edited by db188 - 15 Aug 2017 at 11:40am
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Blackstar View Drop Down

Quote Blackstar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 12:35pm
I heard that using vinegar in coolant loop is a big no. Even EK website says using vinegar is NOT recommended.

How do I power the pump without powering the rest of the system?

Edited by Blackstar - 15 Aug 2017 at 12:35pm
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:06pm
depends if you have bare copper or nickel-plated blocks.  it's best to use the slightly acidic vinegar solution on bare copper, but NOT on nickel.   i should've clarified that.

the 5-10% distilled vinegar won't harm the acrylic or plastic tubing/blocks either and it's the best thing for cleaning out rads. 

if you're not breaking the entire loop down and only doing a flush, and you have a combination of metals, it's best just to flush with the distilled water.  however, that won't insure that all contaminants are removed from the loop.   

Edited by db188 - 15 Aug 2017 at 1:14pm
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:08pm
you can unplug everything from the psu except for the pump (just trace back the wire from the pump to psu).  or you can use a separate psu to do it.  
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:18pm
You can get the QDs in Amazon under "computer cooling systems quick disconnects". They have the Koolance in different sizes depending on your tubing size. The number on the QD tells you the type (male or female) and size. They don't really help in draining.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 3:52am
If you have LC you should always check for leaks, if there is liquid there can be leaks so checking for leaks should be a part of regular maintenance of a lc system. Also one should flush their system once a year for best performance and maintenance.

QDs as mentioned make this very easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply