Post Date: 2014-05-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dax Doomslayer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: For those waiting for Devil's Canyon
    Posted: 22 May 2014 at 4:55pm
It looks like it may not actually ship until September with a 'paper' release on June 2nd (whatever that means)...That would really be disappointing and call me greatly disappointed.  I've been holding off for this.  Cry

http://wccftech.com/intel-paper-launch-devil-s-canyon-2nd-june-retail-availability-planned-late-september-desktop-broadwell-pushed-q2-2015/

SurvivorNVL View Drop Down

Quote SurvivorNVL Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2014 at 6:21pm
That honestly sucks. I was holding out for the benchmarks of Devil's Canyon, but now I guess the only thing to sit and wait for is a possible new single gpu from AMD that is a "780 ti killer" if they come out with that this summer - quadfire, copper-tubing and GTG. Still sucks Devil's Canyon isn't out until September :/ -maybe- worth holding out a little longer, but it may not have that great of a leap versus Ivy-Bridge E. Sucks as well that Broadwell isn't out until June of 2015 ;-;
Dax Doomslayer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2014 at 8:22pm
I hear you Survivor.  From all I'm hearing, it seems like it may be a pretty good chip.  Now I've got to figure out if I want to wait or not even longer.  The wait is driving me nuts - lol.  Crazy
SurvivorNVL View Drop Down

Quote SurvivorNVL Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2014 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Dax Doomslayer

I hear you Survivor.  From all I'm hearing, it seems like it may be a pretty good chip.  Now I've got to figure out if I want to wait or not even longer.  The wait is driving me nuts - lol.  Crazy

As I see it - if you or I -really- need something at -this- moment - Ivy Bridge-E is fantastic for what it is. I am really tempted to just wait and see what Devil's Canyon can do, though. It may be a 4-core, but it'll probably have some really damn good performance. Hell, that little 4-core could kick down Ivy-Bridge-E. That's why I think I will wait. I just wanna see what it can do and I know if I get Ivy-Bridge-E right now.. and Devil's Canyon is an equal or better chip.. I would upgrade in a heartbeat. Even if it is only after like.. 3 months
 Post Reply Post Reply