FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can you extend the warranty later?

Post Date: 2010-03-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Zimbawan View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zimbawan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Can you extend the warranty later?
    Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 11:55pm
So basically as the topic said, can you extend the warranty to 4 or 5 year after you get the machine in or does it have to be at the time of purchasing the pc?
Just wondering,
Thanks
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 5:20am
from what I understand, time of purchase.
Sarah View Drop Down

Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 12:40pm
You would not be able to extend the warranty later on. Whatever warranty you purchase at the time of purchase is the warranty that you have.
Sarah
If you have sales questions, please contact [email protected]

FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 6:19pm
Hi Sara,

That does not fit what I would expect from DS. If someone didn't buy any warranty and wanted to add it after they received their computer, I understand DS not selling it. If someone bought a computer with three years warranty and within a month wanted to extend it to four or five years why would DS Object? It seems like a good will thing to me unless I am missing something. I bought four years of warranty and had expected to add another year after I received the computer. Too bad for me.

Frank
Sarah View Drop Down

Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 6:42pm
The way our system is setup, we have an elaborate in house designed system that tracks all of our orders, warranties, replacements, etc. When an order is placed a special timer is triggered for each individual order and the time remaining on that warranty is tracked internally so that anyone on our staff that accesses the order is made aware of the customers warranty status. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to alter that timer, so if we where to extend a customer's warranty, it creates a conflict with the actual built in timer to the system. So in order to keep things uncomplicated not just for us, but for our customers as well, we do not really offer warranty extensions.

However, if this is something that you are truely set on doing, and interested in doing, give our customer service director Eric a call, and we will review your order and see if there is anything that we can do to work out some sort of deal for you on extending your warranty.
Sarah
If you have sales questions, please contact [email protected]

Post Reply Post Reply