My New DS Slade Review Update 2

Post Date: 2015-10-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jackbutler68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jackbutler68 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My New DS Slade Review Update 2
    Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 1:53pm

Well my Rig was just delivered at work (I wont get to take it home and set it up for a few weeks) but I hooked it up in my office and here are my initial thoughts. I will update my review when I have had time to actually download a game or two and play them.

The box was in great condition having traveled via UPS from CA to FL. There was no damage and everything was packed very well as you can see from the pictures.

Here are a few pics of the system fresh out of the box. The Slade case looks very nice and I am extremely happy with it and finally, one last picture....

I cant even describe how happy I am with the inside of this rig. It is so nice and clean. I would have never been able to make it look this good!!

I did d/l the free version of 3DMark and my results are below

3DMark Results

I am not sure how much the free version pushes the system but my cpu was at 35 degrees C and the gpu was running at 61 degrees C.

I spent several months researching different companies before I bought this rig and I always found myself coming back to Digital Storm and now that I have my new PC I can say that I am very glad that I did. I am extremely happy with Digital Storm and my new Gaming Rig!!!

Update 1 World of Warcraft...

Okay so I know this game is old and isn't really going to tax the system but I do play it quite a bit so I d/l it when I went home for the evening and the servers just came back up not too long ago so I was able to log in for a few and check it out.

I figured the quickest way to test the game was to do a 40 man world boss (Kazzak) so I loaded up the game, put my settings to ultra and away I went. Also my test monitor is a Dell 1920 x 1200. I can honestly say I have never seen so much stuff flying around at one time. The spell effects looked awesome and everything ran smooth as silk. There were also other little subtle effects that were not present before. It really added to the look of the game. During the battle I never saw it drop below 60fps. I can honestly say I have never seen WOW look so good before. I can't wait to get in HFC and do some raiding on this bad boy.

I think I will download COD Advanced Warfare next and see how that runs. Be back for Update #2.

Update 2 COD Advanced Warfare...

I downloaded this game last night (45gigs...lol) and fired it up this morning, again with settings maxed out, and it looks absolutely beautiful. I played through some of the first level and the game never dropped below 100fps. I guess I have been stuck in WOW for so long I didn't know how good PC games look now. I will defiantly be checking out some more of the newer games now that I have this rig.

I have only had my new pc for 2 days but I am extremely happy with it. I have had zero problems with it and everything is working perfectly. Looking in the bios the CPU is OC to 4.2 GHz and the rig is stable as a rock.

I would have no problem recommending Digital Storm to anyone that asks. They have been very nice and easy to work with through the whole process from start to finish.

Also I would like to add that Alex is awesome! He is definitely an asset to the company as he is very active on the forums and is very responsive to customers questions and helping to get things moving along for people.

Digital Storm Rocks!!!

Edited by jackbutler68 - 07 Oct 2015 at 8:57am
My DS Slade..

Corsair Obsidian 550D
Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3GHz
GIGABYTE GA­X99­SLI
32GB DDR4 2800MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX
SSD 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB (ASUS Strix Edition)
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:15pm
Awesome! ... thanks for the pics!

db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:38pm
enjoy bro, thx for the pics!Strong
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jackbutler68 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:01am
Okay I have added 2 updates to my unboxing and review. I just want to give it a little bump so it doesn't get lost in General Discussion and hopefully will get moved to the review forums soon.
My DS Slade..

Corsair Obsidian 550D
GIGABYTE GA­X99­SLI
SSD 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Zoofro View Drop Down

Quote Zoofro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 9:50am
Originally posted by jackbutler68

Okay I have added 2 updates to my unboxing and review. I just want to give it a little bump so it doesn't get lost in General Discussion and hopefully will get moved to the review forums soon.

Thanks for the updates. Good to hear WoW is silky smooth.

Wife gets my old PC and I get my new one (today!) she's been chomping at the bit to play WoW again. Will be fun to actually see spells flying around without stuttering.
Apollo
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
16GB DDR4 2800MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX
512GB Samsung 850 PRO
2TB Western Digital
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jackbutler68 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Zoofro

Thanks for the updates. Good to hear WoW is silky smooth.

Wife gets my old PC and I get my new one (today!) she's been chomping at the bit to play WoW again. Will be fun to actually see spells flying around without stuttering.

Awesome man! Enjoy the new gaming rig!!
My DS Slade..

Corsair Obsidian 550D
GIGABYTE GA­X99­SLI
SSD 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Bronwen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bronwen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 10:33am
I have a question about your slade. Does the power button on yours feels like it sticks when you power it on? Mine does. Only thing i found wrong with this system. Well i did change my order to a regular 980 ti card and i got a strix edition, nothing major with that.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jackbutler68 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Bronwen

I have a question about your slade. Does the power button on yours feels like it sticks when you power it on? Mine does. Only thing i found wrong with this system. Well i did change my order to a regular 980 ti card and i got a strix edition, nothing major with that.

My power button does not feel like it is sticking at all.
My DS Slade..

Corsair Obsidian 550D
GIGABYTE GA­X99­SLI
SSD 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:02pm
Congratulations. Hope you enjoy it.Awesome

Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:13pm

Strong
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 10:02am
Done, it's featured.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jackbutler68 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 10:30am
Thanks, as always, Alex!
My DS Slade..

Corsair Obsidian 550D
GIGABYTE GA­X99­SLI
SSD 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
drfm View Drop Down

Quote drfm Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 5:01pm
Congratulations. I just ordered a Slade based system. It is at Stage 6 now. Why did you decide to place the radiator at the top? This will allow dust to get inside and allow noise to escape outside. The reason I got the Slade is for noise reduction. Is it noisy?
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jackbutler68 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 5:26pm
Because I got a 240mm radiator....Its the only place it could be mounted. you can hear the fans but I don't care, didn't get the case for the noise reduction feature, I got it for the price....lol and it has a magnetic filter so that will help keep the dust and such out.

Edited by jackbutler68 - 13 Oct 2015 at 10:06am
My DS Slade..

Corsair Obsidian 550D
GIGABYTE GA­X99­SLI
SSD 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Cole View Drop Down

Quote Cole Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 9:30am
The Slate is a fairly quiet machine even without asking DS to add the noise reduction packages. The radiator will add some noise, mostly at load. As for dust, you will probably have more issues with the two front in-take fans than the top radiator.

If you don't need to access the DVD/Blu-Ray drive, just keep that front door closed on the Slate case and be sure to wipe down the area near the in-take fans. That should help with dust. Also you can order replacement magnetic filters directly from Corsair. I believe it is ten bucks for a complete set of replacement filters.
 Post Reply Post Reply