FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hydrolux Control Center / Win 10 Issues

Post Date: 2015-11-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
threeifbyspace View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote threeifbyspace Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Hydrolux Control Center / Win 10 Issues
    Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 8:23pm
So This is all i can see with the control center which doesn't show me the graphs or the ability to set the colors for the LEDs. Ive downloaded the most recent version 1.9G. Any thoughts? I have tried deleting and redownloading also

db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 11:07pm
did you try rebooting the control board by disconnecting power to it and then reconnecting after a bit?  
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote threeifbyspace Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 12:28pm
I have not, where is that power cable at? I have never really looked at that before.

Quote threeifbyspace Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 12:41pm
Okay so I figured it out and pulled the power for a bit and rebooted and still nothing. The interface is just all screwy.

I will say that I have since gone back to windows 7 due to issues with windows 10 crashing randomly. I uninstalled and re-installed control center and it asks for a com port at the start and I am guessing that could be where my issue is. Any idea which COM i am supposed to put?

Edited by threeifbyspace - 05 Dec 2015 at 12:42pm
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 3:17pm
check your device manager for it?  you might also try a visual inspection of where the controller cable connects to the mother board.  i'm not a DS employee and i haven't received my first DS built pc with the hydrolux control board yet, so i don't have personal experience with it.  did any documentation come with the system?  it's probably best at this point to contact a DS tech person to assist you further with it.  it is their product after all.  sorry i couldn't be of more assistance. 

Edited by db188 - 05 Dec 2015 at 3:26pm
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote threeifbyspace Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 3:45pm
No worries DB, I appreciate the help. Cables are good and the RX/TX lights show activity when the control center is active, I think what is happening based on the screen shot above is that the controls are pushed out of the viewable area of the window for the application. I am currently running my machine on a 40" TV. Hoping someone at DS can help diagnose this so I can start to use it again. I did send them a support request.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 3:58pm
ah a tv, that's why the com port issue?  is it a 4k tv by chance and perhaps a scaler problem?  
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote threeifbyspace Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 4:50pm
Standard HD TV, the only com port i see on the machine is COM4 which i set in the program but i think its a scaling issue with the program and the size of the TV that makes it all offset from the program window. Just need DS to confirm that for me and provide a solution. :)

Quote threeifbyspace Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 6:35pm
Super poor customer service from DS. So they called me today confused about my issue so i pointed them to here so they could see. After a few hours I get an email saying the hydrolux board must be defective and its out of warranty so its $99 to get a new one.

My unit has a 3 year warranty, according to my certificate of owner ship and it was bought Nov 2013 which means its under warranty until Nov 2016.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 6:58pm
wow, that is bad!  i advise sending Alex an email directly to move this show along.  [email protected]
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 7:51pm
Is your warranty the standard 3 years, which is 1 year parts, or the 5 year with 3 years parts?   There is some confusion with it, some not realizing the 3 years is for labor.

FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 4:40am
I think a lot of people buy the 3 year warranty not realizing that they only get 1 year of parts replacement. I have seen Aventum systems with only 3 year warranty in the configurator.

This should not be a problem for anyone who read the warranty before buying. Things break.

Why would this be super poor Customer Support by DS?

Frank     

Edited by FrankW - 08 Dec 2015 at 4:43am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 10:27am
Hi threeifbyspace,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The issue you're describing could be hard to figure out over the phone, which is why our team could not fully understand the problem you were stating. Now that I see this on the forums, I might have an idea on what could help resolve this for you.

(1) Since your order is a few years old, you most likely have our older revision, which will not work with the latest build, please try this version of the software: http://www.digitalstorm.com/control-center-legacy.zip

(2) When entering the COM port, which can be COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, etc... it's best to figure out which COM port the control board is on first. Go to your Device Manager, then expand the "Ports" tree item and check which COM port is the "USB Serial Port" on.

Try those two things and let us know.

In regards to your warranty, it depends on what warranty you have, it will state clearly on your order how many years is labor and parts. You are most likely out of our parts warranty coverage, so you will need to cover the cost of a replacement control board (I don't think that is the issue).

Feel free to contact me directly as well via email "[email protected]"

Quote threeifbyspace Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:27am
Alex,

Thank you for the help that phone support didnt even attempt. Reverting back to the legacy software did the trick, no replacement part needed. Would be a good idea to keep the legacy option on peoples account and list out who should or should not upgrade their software to avoid confusion.

On the warranty front, the order confirmation email I have with my warranty details from 2013 said 3 years limited warranty upgrade which lead me to think it was 3 years parts. However, digging into your site it says only 1 year for parts. Just a word of advice regarding your warranty, be clearer with it. It seems the site is better at it then it was when I purchased in 2013 but the phone support team shouldn't jump to make a customer pay for a part when it was something as simple as a software update.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 1:51pm
threeifbyspace,

Glad to hear that helped. Since last week, we now do offer both software versions for customers in the "My Account" section when you login. This should prevent similar situations for future customers that have an older system.

Regarding the phone staff, to be honest, the issue you were having could have bee anything when the team was told about it. Usually when it comes to issues like that, they are told to arrange to send the customer a replacement control board, since you were out of direct hardware warranty service, we did have to request that you pay for the part. Luckily, your issue was resolved with the legacy software link. We have informed our team about this for new customers, so it should help prevent similar situations.

Regarding the warranty, all orders do state the coverage of parts and labor in the warranty line item of their invoice. Your order should state this clearly without any misunderstanding. Feel free to contact me via email "[email protected]" and I will be more than happy to review and take care of any concerns.
Cerunnos View Drop Down

Quote Cerunnos Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 6:40am
i cant get it to connect either
 Post Reply Post Reply