Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sven359 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sven359 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking to buy
    Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:07pm
Hi

I am looking to buy a PC that can be used for gaming for many years to come with out spending to much money. My price range would be $1,000-$1,750 with max being $2,000, that would be for the whole setup tower, screen, keyboard and etc. I am looking at the vanquish level 2 or 3 but I have a couple questions. How many year will it last? can it run software like revit, inventor and final cut? Sould I get the level 2 or 3?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:27pm
For Pc parts its impossible to guess their life span.

Some will run forever and some could due early, rhe difference here is that these are retail parts we can buy and replace ourselves.

You get a six core with 16gb of ram so it should run,most of those apps, i looked at 3.

Edited by DST4ME - 13 Nov 2017 at 9:43pm
DeathBlooms View Drop Down

Quote DeathBlooms Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:13pm
You can go to Autodesk's website and look at what the hardware requirements are. Here is the link for system requirements https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/system-requirements

Now, I know that many others have had no issues running less than what Autodesk says, but support, drivers etc. from Autodesk will go a long way in keeping stability, but it will be your choice. I do not necessarily buy into the workstation grade requirements being the only options, but for me, stability in my workstation is a must, so I ditch out the $$ to ensure I get that.

Edited by DeathBlooms - 13 Nov 2017 at 8:14pm

Quote DeathBlooms Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:19pm
Also, "running" Inventor, Revit, and such is contingent on number of parts in your assemblies, how much rendering etc.

Your definition of "running" and mine may be very different.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:43pm
He is at/above revit 2018 requirements for large complex models, I agree higher processor would work faster but budget dictates here. He should go win 10 pro

Edited by DST4ME - 13 Nov 2017 at 9:55pm

Quote DeathBlooms Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:45pm
Definitely windows 10 pro 64 bit. Agreed he should be fine, I just know Autodesk has a tendency to be picky at times.

Budget dictating, I understand the need to stretch your dollar. My current build (stage 6 ) was built to run Inventor, Revit, Solidworks, as its primary job. It is work first play second so I personally needed to run hardware that I knew would play nice with the programs. Trust me, I wanted to run different GPU, CPU and all sorts of things that would have saved some $$ and make for a better gaming pc. However, I had to be accountable for my build. If it did not run my work programs then I would be in a world of hurt.

You should be fine if you meet the specs, but the only certainties I am aware of are taxes and death lol.

In the end I believe you will find what suits your needs and budget. I have seen 20k workstations fail and $500 machines run flawlessly. Listen to the smarter folks on this forum, definitely smarter than me. They will guide you.

Best Wishes!!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:32am
I agree boss but $2500 including monitor and everything else doesn't leave that much room

Quote DeathBlooms Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 1:15am
Very true. I think he will be able to find what he needs. Especially with the help of the wonderful folks here on the forum and DS.

Muekke View Drop Down

Quote Muekke Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:38pm
I think it's the right amount, but it depends where you buy the parts. I imported parts from Poland and the Czech Republic and paid 30% less for it I only buy good quality items, provided that they are cheap. What? Exalted Orbs? Exalted orbs are more common and most frequently used, so one of the most important issues is to buy them as much as possible. Exalted Orbs, true exalted orbs, I am buying RMT exalted orbs in this path of exile shop Buy Exalted Orbs

Edited by Muekke - 02 Dec 2017 at 8:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply