FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 7 Level 4 or Lumos

Post Date: 2018-01-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SolarWardenGaming View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SolarWardenGaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 7 Level 4 or Lumos
    Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 8:47pm
Budget: $2235.00

I am trying to decide if I should buy the Vanquish 7 level 4 or the Lumos.. 
I plan on hooking the system up to my 55 Inch Sony XBR55X900E

I'll be using HDMI Port 2 for my PS4 Pro and HDMI Port 3 for the computer.  As both these ports support HDR.  However I do admit I have never done 2k/4k gaming on a PC before

Anyway, I just need to know if I can game on my 4k with the Vanquish 7 level 4.  heck I am fine with 2K gaming if needed.  I also do have a 24 inch Asus VG248QE that I used to use on my previous rig.  But the having my PS4 Pro and New computer on one TV would be nice.  I am very tempted to order the Vanquish 7 Level 4 and have some extra money left over.  So I need to make a decision by feb 12th (The day i am ordering) 

Thank you all...

Solar Warden Gaming

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:33pm
What gpu comes with that?

Vanquish is great if you are on tight budget but if budget allows go lumos as we can pick more parts for better quality /warranty and possibly performance.

If it comes with 1070ti then that is not gonna Max out 4k, you will have to turn settings down, short answer not the best choice for 4k, 1440p is more in line with the 1070 ti.

Keep in mind tvs don't make the best monitor for gaming so if you can do your pc gaming on your monitor.

Edited by DST4ME - 26 Jan 2018 at 10:38pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 5:38am
Just FYI, the Vanquish level 4 was coming with the 1080 until supply was backed up. A 1080 is still not the best for 4k, but will get you closer. I'd call DS sales and ask if the Vanquish will offer the 1080 again. The supply is slated for late Feb if you can wait. Should be same price.
SolarWardenGaming View Drop Down

Quote SolarWardenGaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 6:26am
Originally posted by DST4ME

What gpu comes with that?

Vanquish is great if you are on tight budget but if budget allows go lumos as we can pick more parts for better quality /warranty and possibly performance.

If it comes with 1070ti then that is not gonna Max out 4k, you will have to turn settings down, short answer not the best choice for 4k, 1440p is more in line with the 1070 ti.

Keep in mind tvs don't make the best monitor for gaming so if you can do your pc gaming on your monitor.

it comes with the 1070 TI,  I think if I get the Vanquish, I'll use it on my Asus VG248QE monitor. I also have the G-SYNC upgrade kit installed too and gaming looked real smooth on my previous rig I built. So I think I will go with the Vanquish Level 4.  However a friend of my has an i5 8600k with gtx 1070 and gaming at 2k on his TV.  but a large part of me likes gaming on my 24" Asus VG248QE with GSYNC... I'll just use the PS4 Pro on my 4k.

Thank you all. 

PS

I am not sure if my budge can cover a 1080 GTX on the vanquish 6 level 4.  Still.. I'll call DS and ask. Besides have you all seen the insane prices of videocards? Geez..  You have to buy directly from the vendor sites just to get a good price.  Is this due to bitmining.     (anyway that is a different topic and different sub forum)
Fishman23 View Drop Down

Quote Fishman23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 7:45pm
Configure a Lumos to match the exact specs of Vanquish Level 4 and you'll realize how good of a deal the prebuilt Vanquish is!   

Edited by Fishman23 - 28 Jan 2018 at 7:47pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 12:42am
If your monitor is 1080p then 1070 is all you need.

As i mentioned vanguish is a great deal but for better parts / warranty if budget allows go lumos. There is a reason why one cost more than the other

At the end you should be ok either way, for me warranty on parts us important since DS warranty is 1 year parts.

Edited by DST4ME - 29 Jan 2018 at 12:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply