FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Home Build in blue finished with PICS!

Post Date: 2009-08-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mezzeron View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mezzeron Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Home Build in blue finished with PICS!
    Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 9:10am
Been working on this forever, but finally done with it for the most part.  Just waiting on a few more parts and UV kit and it will all be done.  Should see those parts by tuesday of this week.  Had to get a few switches to mount for the UV kits.  Enjoy the pics, sorry if some are a bit fuzzy!

I did a few mods, and improvements from the way it used to look.  Added a custome mod to the mobo tray and the drive cage, and adjusted the way the fans are blowing.  I get excellent temps all the way around nowl.  Except for the VREG, which is no surprise to anyone.  The area between the Case Badges is where the switches for the UV kits will be installed shortly.  I sleeved all the case interior wires, as well as the fan controllers.  I used extensions for the PCI-e cables and mobo cables, cant take credit for that.  The entire case was Powder Coated "Traffic Blue" and the top fans were replaced with 230mm Led Blue, and also 8 120mm CoolerMaster R4 fans, and another Led Fan in the drive cage area.
Front%20of%20case
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 10:09am
Very NICE...  very bright, very clean, very tidy, VERY BLUE Ermm  Excellent job...some people have all the talent--the rest of us have to write checks DeadSmile
Mezzeron View Drop Down

Quote Mezzeron Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 10:11am
Thanks for the compliment.  Ill post a few more pic s when I get the switches and UV in..that will really make it shine.  Got a can of ClearNeon UV spray paint commin also, will see how it sticks to the GPU backplates and the Ram Cooler.
zmank View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote zmank Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 10:25am
Cool rig, what are the specs?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 10:47am
Very nice Mezzeron looks great
jean luc picard View Drop Down

Quote jean luc picard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 12:42pm
sweet looking rig you;ve got thereCool
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 1:40pm
I like it. Ermm
Mezzeron View Drop Down

Quote Mezzeron Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 3:43pm
Cooler MAster ATCS 840 Case
i7 920 @3.8 (1.225v) 24/7: Stable at 4.2 also, just runs too hot for my taste
Thermalright TRUE 120 push/pull with OCZ Freeze
EVGA x58 (vanilla version)
3x2 Mushkin RAM 1600 7-8-7-20 (with ocz ram cooler)
EVGA GTX 275 backplates on MSI cards Embarrassed
2xSLI MSI GTX 275 OC Twin Frozr (OC'd to FTW specs)
X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium Champion Edition w/front panel (sounds amazing)
Corsair HX850 PSU
2 Scythe Kaze MAster Fan Controllers
Ultra Multi Bay card reader/USB hub

Those of you who saw my original build (posted here somewhere) will notice i made a lot of changes.  This setup now is infinitely better for my needs, and looks just the way I wanted it to.  The UV will set it off great when i get it in there.

I originally had a V8 CPU cooler.  The TRUE Trumps it big time.  I also did have a GTX 285.  I sold it and bought 2 275's for the same price.  For the difference in performance the 285's just arent worth it.  And, changed out ALL the fans to quieter better airflow models.  And lastly, changed the PSU from a 1000 to a 850 modular.  Very happy with that decision as well.

Thanks for all the kind comments.  I am so happy with the way it turned out I just wanted to share!   Ill post UV pics next week here.

NOTE:  Also very excited for DST!  I think alot of us thought he was never gonna buy it!  Woot DST and DS!
InfiniteWorries View Drop Down

Quote InfiniteWorries Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 7:24pm
That is gorgeous.

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 7:24pm
@Mezzeron...  What, did I read that right...someone actually put in a SMALLER PSU...that can't be right--can it?  Got to hand it to you...putting in what you "need" instead of what you might need--or bumping everything up a notch in the name of "future proofing" is a hard impulse to fight against.  Correct me if I'm wrong...but was your reasoning the twin benefits of lower cost...and lower heat?

Looking forward to your UV pics...   And, you should be proud of your handiwork...it turned out great...a job well done and a sense of accomplishment too.  Ermm
Mezzeron View Drop Down

Quote Mezzeron Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 10:18pm
Yes Zardoz, i actually succumed to reality.  For what I use it for, and for even what my future needs will be in say 4 years or so...850 will still be more than what I need.  As OC'd as i am on everything, and as many fans and cathodes i am running (cathodes tuesday), im still not even coming close to pushing it.  Even with dual 285's i would be just fine.  I am MAYBE, if i stress everything all at once at max i can get, pushing 700ish, maybe more.  I know of several peeps running similar setups with a 750 just fine.

Im not much for benching, but i have run vantage before I oc'd my GPUs, and i was scoring a little over 26k.  Not bad at all.  If i put my chip to 4.2 and use my OC GPU settings, i may come close to 30k.  But..who cares?  I can slay any game at the settings I like.  Even crysis looks amazing.  Not doing full AA, but enuff that i prob couldnt tell the difference anywyas.  I still have a system I can brag about to be perfectly honest.  And the looks to boot!  Even when DX11 comes out, i won't take the bait of getting the 300 series cards either.  Its like like they will come out with any DX11 only games in the next few years anyways.  Who here has a game that is even only DX10 compatible?  Hellgate is a DX10 game, but you can choose to run it in 9x even.  So, i have no worries realistically for the next 4 or 5 years.

So thanks for the compliment Zardoz.  Its much appreciated.  And to all those who may be thinking about getting your case painted from DS, I say do it!  A little color goes a long way.  And my happiness is 10 fold what it was before i blued it all up!
Also, everyone get the corair PSU's..they are quiet, and come with the BEST case badge ever!
My one gripe:  A $200 sound card with no case badge?  WTF!!   Hehehehe

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:24am
@ Mezzeron...  I hate to admit it...but, I know what you mean about the "paint" thing.  The vast majority of the time...I'm the logical (anal) sort of person who tries to weight the benefits against the cost etc...  But, there are times when I just have to let "reasoning" go...and color outside-the-box.  Like painting the interior even if the "window" side of the machine was turned toward the wall--and I was the only one that knew it was there.  Sometimes you got'ta do something that pleases you--if nobody else.  I wasn't always...but, I'm a believer in being "good" to yourself once in awhile.  Evil%20Smile
sdelu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdelu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:53pm
very nice! are those also coolermaster r4's on the TRUE? they look very nice on it!

glad you're enjoying it :)

Mezzeron View Drop Down

Quote Mezzeron Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:37pm
Yep!  Cooler Master R4's all the way around, with the exception of the rosewill in the drive bays.  Total of 8 R4's, 1 rosewill, 3 230mm, 2 60mm (ram cooler), for a total of 14 fans.  And thats not counting 4 fans on the GPU's.  And it still pretty quiet and very cool.  This is my first experience with non ball bearing fans...so far i am very happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply