Post Date: 2012-05-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toasters View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toasters Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Gaming computer
    Posted: 04 May 2012 at 4:18am
Howdy Ya'll, I'm fairly experienced with computers in terms of hardware, but I've never really built my own / not sure what should go in to this rig.

Budget:
1,500 ~ 3,000 Maximum for the rig, not counting display, speakers, etc

Expectations:
Hardcore gaming gaming on a single monitor, I've no need for 3 monitors in my face, resolution probably 1920 x 1080.

Usage:
Video games, and video games to come, the more future proof, the better. All I do other than that is web-browse, nothing special.

Special Needs:
Overclocking is always good, something to manage that heat would be great, middling storage space, even 250gigs would be enough. I'm definitely looking to make this last a good while. I prefer intel / nVidia, but from what I was reading digital storm is all about those 2 companies anyways.

On another note, would DS ship to Korea?

Edited by Toasters - 04 May 2012 at 4:20am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:08am
Hi Toasters...Welcome to the forums.

I would recommend looking at the ODE lvl 4 for the best bang for the buck.. For $2099 you get the latest Z77 platform, SSD, HDD, Blu-ray player, oc'ing and the gtx 680 card.

DS makes it tough to compete against it, but if you want a custom config because of something about it you don't like  then about $2500 plus would be needed for about the same gaming performance. 

I think DS ships anywhere but best to ask them.  The shipping and other costs could get expensive.

Hope this helps.Big%20Smile
Toasters View Drop Down

Quote Toasters Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2012 at 6:02am
Thank you, it did help indeed :) Hope I can make small changes to it, noticed it wasn't customizable like the other models.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:35am
Hi Toasters,

The ODE series of DS computers are off the shelf builds and you can't make changes in the configurator. If you do want to change something there is a fee of $50/change plus the difference in the price of the unit. The best thing is to take the ODE like it is or do a custom build like the Dreadnought level 3.

DS has shipped to Japan so I would think that they would ship to South Korea. There is a problem getting service but if you understand that and work with DS, they will take care of you. You have to consider that DS is not open on the weekends so no service then. I think there is a 12 hour or so difference in time between Calif and Korea. So that makes it very hard to contact service if you need them. You are lucky that DS has great service and if you are willing to work with them you won't have any problems.

Frank
Toasters View Drop Down

Quote Toasters Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:40am
Oh, I shouldn't need much service once it gets here, considering all the stuff that goes in to making their computers. Another helpful suggestion with the Dreadnought, thank you all, I have a better idea of what I want, think I'll be buying the rig this week. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply