FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got my Triton!

Post Date: 2018-07-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ohkaru View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ohkaru Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Got my Triton!
    Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 9:26am
My laptop arrived on monday, and after living with the lowest standard of computers for gaming I have to say that I'm blown away by just how powerful it is.

My games run very smoothly, to the point where its' taken me a little bit of time to get used to how they play now. My only complaint is for something I brought on myself due to lack of computer knowledge. I'm not super familiar with a lot of terms, and I didn't realize that 237 GB is actually very small, and much less than what I had on my other laptop, which wasn't even for gaming.

I plan on sending it back and buying an upgrade for the hard-drive, but I'm hesitant because I was waiting for quite a while to get it and do not wish to have to wait possibly another month to have it returned me. I'm considering an external hard-drive to store my games that aren't mmo's, but that isn't ideal. Getting a better hard-drive would be better in the long run.

If anyone has had to send their systems back for upgrades, how long does it usually take to get them back? Would getting a better hard-drive be possible with the warranty?
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:23am
Congratulations. Awesome
I have no idea on the time DS will take to change storage. Depends on the order load at the time your pc enters the queue. I don't think this is a warranty issue since the pc is running fine and your issue is as to the size of the storage.  If DS does the change, I believe that the new storage would be covered for the remaining warranty period. (See Support/Warranty Details/C. Upgrades.) Call them without delay and tell them your issue.
Good luck and happy gaming. Big%20Smile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 9:32am
Remember: labor is free on upgrades through DS.
Bootystank911 View Drop Down

Quote Bootystank911 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 6:25am
I have had my Krpton laptop for over 4 years now. It costed $1975, I plan on sending mine to DS in january for upgrades. This laptop has served me well but im wayyy behind on technology. I plan on dropping another 2k into the laptop for maintenance, cleaning, and upgrading. As far as storage space foes. I have the 1st generation or 2nd generation of SSD(The Big Ones) 120GB fills up extremely fast. Thinking of 500GB but i dont know, can it hold 6 games plus the data?
BootyStank911
 Post Reply Post Reply