FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics Card Fan Broken + Front Fan

Post Date: 2016-11-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mynameispizza View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mynameispizza Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Graphics Card Fan Broken + Front Fan
    Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 11:15am
Hi, I have the Geforce GTX 960 graphics card and one of the fans seems to work fine, but the other is misplaced and doesn't spin correctly. When I play resource-intensive games, the broken fan starts to spin, clips the outer plastic on the card, and makes a terrible noise. After it does this for about a minute, I can hear the fans speeding up and what sounds like the computer is about to explode. The fan in the front, below the power button and CD dispenser, does not spin at all, and I have no memory of it spinning ever.

The model I have is DS Vanquish 4 Level 2. Had problems with the motherboard and had to ship it back once before.

Thank you.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 11:21am
Thr front fan...I would pop the right side cover and trace the wire from the fan to the motherboard , or whereever the other front fan goes.  It might have become unplugged during shipping and never worked.

gtx 960 fan...  I would remove the card and see if the fan just needs to be re positioned, by pushing on the center hub and see if it seats.  Its probably a bad fan and the card needs replacing.   If its still under warranty, call DS. 
 Post Reply Post Reply