FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics Card? System?? Help!

Post Date: 2012-04-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
e11eventoes View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote e11eventoes Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Graphics Card? System?? Help!
    Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 11:22am
Been getting this issue every now and then. Sometimes it just lasts a few seconds. Then today it just wouldn't go away and eventually the entire system froze up and i had to do a hard restart by holding down the power button. The first restart, it wouldn't boot up and said that "overclocking failed, press F1 to setup". So i restarted a second time. I've got the latest nvidia driver 296.10. if it was a graphics card problem would the entire system lock and not allow me to click anywhere?? i just want to figure out the issue now instead of when i have to take work home. thanks!

http://vimeo.com/39972290

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 11:39am
Overclock faults can be related to RAM.   Try reseating all the ram sticks....try just one ram stickat a time      It could be alot of things     Worse case ..go into Bios and load default settings before DS overclocked until you can call DS.    Best of luck    
chasblock View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote chasblock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 4:51am
I got the overclocking failed message and turned out to be a bad stick of RAM.

Do what bprat22 suggested; take out one stick at a time.

Also go in to Computer properties, make sure the right amount of RAM is showing up.

Quote e11eventoes Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 10:15am
I'll try this out. but most important thing is the screen going nuts on me. that happens more times than the overclock message. actually the overclock message is the first time it's came up, and i'm guessing since i did a hard restart? the screen going nuts has been off and on for a month. this was the first that it stayed up and locked up.

Quote e11eventoes Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:07am
RAM's good. dont think it caused the screen to go berserk. i'll see again if it happens. thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply