FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HailStorm II - Delivered, But No Review Yet....

Post Date: 2016-08-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: HailStorm II - Delivered, But No Review Yet....
    Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 5:45pm
Well, I received my HailStorm 2 build the other fay (this past Friday on Aug. 19th, 2016). I have been sooooo busy, I have yet to run it and test it or even turn it on. Yeah, that busy. =/

However, tomorrow (Aug. 23rd, 2016) will be the day I'll be turning it on and testing it - for the FIRST Time. If anyone is interested in it, I'll post pics and a snippet of a review; a bigger, much more detailed review to be shared at a later date, after some run/fun/play time with it, lol.

I will say this - That I did have a bugger of a time trying to take off the cases' side panel where the vid cards are located, hahaha. The PC Tower/Case is a Corsair 900D Obsidian. Shamefully and admittingly, I had to read/reference an article to see how to unlatch the windows side panel. The refreshing thing I did read and see in that article/youtube video was that I wasn't the only person who had issues finding how to open it. Sadly, it isn't much, or if any, different that most other PC cases and i wasn't really that hidden, lol. It is basically a 'push' lock that when engaged, a small tug on the panel gets it right off. =/

Soooooooo, there is my story of the day.
I'd also like to say that the delivery was great (so far as I do not see any broken parts, etc. lol), HOWEVER, the delivery guy was a bit of an issue. I paid for door to door delivery and he didn't, and refused, to deliver to my door. In fact, he dropped it off in my drive-way and as I was signing my delivery notice (because the guy knew I was a bit disappointed it his refusal to deliver my Rig as paid for), I voiced my displeasure. He then said he would need to charge me because of my private sidewalk to the door would require additional steps (Yes, that is what he said to me). A few hundred bucks for delivery is a bit step anyway (although justified and understood), but that delivery guy saying that to me really pissed me off. On top of that, it was raining out/more like a heavy 'drizzle', and he asked me if he would like me to remove the plastic protective water=proof bag from the *massive delivery cardboard box*, and I looked at him and said, "dude, it's raining out". I sensed that at that point he was just being a #*#$@^%, so I waved him away. I didn't care so much that the package didn't get all, but nearly 50 ft away from the door I asked for it to be delivered to), but rather the principle that I had paid for it to be delivered at that spot. There was nothing in the way, nor was the walkway dangerous, but because I came out the door and walked to him, I assume he felt that he delivered the package far enough, lol. And it wasn't light (it = the package) and I didn't have help lifting it and getting it to my door, so I had to VERY VERY carefully move it to the door by using my foot as a means of transporting that box. IMO, that's FED-EX for ya......

Other than that, everything in the package was what's to be expected, meaning I got all of the necessary pieces, such as CDs and manuals, and all of it was in new-like condition.

Until I test the product, I do not have much else to share, however, up until this point, Digital Storm gets and A+ for it's part in the delivery process. Everything in the package was made so nothing could, or would, shift during shipment. :)

***NOTE: I Apologize for the long read...

Edited by Vulcan4 - 22 Aug 2016 at 5:53pm
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 6:14pm
Dang it, I posted in the wrong message board. My apologies, lol...
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 9:29pm
You should tweet and call corporate and complain about him and his attitude.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 2:11am
Congrats on getting your system in the door. Awesome
Hope it works beyond expectations. It is a big one.Big%20Smile
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 5:29am
Originally posted by DST4ME

You should tweet and call corporate and complain about him and his attitude.

I am one not to complain as I'm as easy going as they come, BUT in this case, you're right. His overall attitude was overall very poor. In fact, it appears to me that he already had an attitude (bad or frustrating day??) by the time he got tomy home. It wasn't even that he didn't bring it to my door, it was just the way how he presented himself. Now, one might say that he was only reacting to me saying something to him about dropping my package off at the door, however, it wasn't that. Because when I mentioned it to him, I *ASKED* him in a friendly way to the point where you could tell I wasn't expecting him to deliver to my door.

I guess I'm posting this so that others who run into this problem won't just back down. Remember, folks, that piece of hardware you just purchased with your hard-earned money is worth/priced as much as some cars/vehicles, so don't back down and feel bad if you get a little mad over it. The new monitor I just bought for my Digital Storm Rig, which arrived last week too, was handled very bad. A friend who was over at my house at the time of the monitor delivery witnessed the driver bang my package against my wooden deck. The delivery guy bashed it so much that he left a huge dent into the cardboard box which went through the manufacturings box and hitting the styrofoam that surrounds the monitor. Fortunately, the monitor wasn't damaged and it works. Here is a weird thing - the delivery guy/service was **SUPPOSED** to be FED-EX. HOWEVER, my package was delivered via a U-Haul - rent a truck, used for moving or transporting goods, mostly for public purposes. Has anyone heard of this happening, either to YOU or anyone else before??? I had forgotten to post this to you guys last week, but completely forgot because of how busy I was.

I am going to call FED-EX too - to find out if FED-EX uses U-Hauls to deliver packages. The only reason why I would think this happened was/is because of a FED-EX truck being broke down while out delivering packages. The only other reason would be because of a scam where the sending company charges the buyer for shipping and under the guise/name of FED-EX/UPS/etc. One could make a lot of money doing this as a scam because a 24-Hour rental for a U-Haul is less that $100 a day in most locations and if they charge you, the buyer, and many other buyers, a price of $30+ (ballpark price) for shipping per customer, you could make a lot in one day. Just throwing this out there for 'ALERTNESS sake'.
Vulcan4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vulcan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 5:32am
Originally posted by hoserator

Congrats on getting your system in the door. AwesomeHope it works beyond expectations. It is a big one.Big%20Smile

Thank You!!!
LOL, yeah.....this is the Largest PC Case I've ever seen in person, let alone owning one, hahaha...
The largest PC Case I ever owned before this one (HailStorm 2 - Corsair 900D) was one of the first Alienware PC's released.
SnowandSand View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SnowandSand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 8:28am
Congrats man!! I love my Hailstorm II! Although my wife is not a fan of its size lol.  
Hailstorm II(Retired)
R7 2700x
16GB Team Dark Pro @ 3200 CL14
Asus x470 CH VII Hero
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W PSU
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1TB & 6TB WD - Black Edition
2x GTX 980TI Strix
Hydrolux Stage 3
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 1:23pm
DS is getting a bad rep from fedcrap and etc, all DS does is offer what Fedcrap and upsh*t tell DS they will do for the customer.

The problem here is 2 folds:

1. the shipping companies are telling DS one thing and doing another.

2. the shipping companies don't pay drivers enough for the amount of load they give them to do. The amount of load is a ridiculous amount that they have to do in a certain time period, so they are forced to rush from one spot to another and still run behind.

Now when you have to rush and you feel like you are under paid for the amount of work, then what you get is a driver that does not care about the packages they are carrying.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 2:20pm
A bad UPS or FedEx driver is rare, and it can happen. It honestly happens with any shipping company, it's hard to pick one or the other.

Side note, I will move this thread to "General Discussion", feel free to create a new thread when you post your review with pictures.
Hoze928 View Drop Down

Quote Hoze928 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:34pm
My son worked as a driver for Fed Ex before he joined the army. Basically they are underpaid and are required to deliver any package regardless of weight. So quite a few of them don't really care about the packages they deliver. I've had multiple issues with deliveries from them and never use them if I can help it.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Hoze928

My son worked as a driver for Fed Ex before he joined the army. Basically they are underpaid and are required to deliver any package regardless of weight. So quite a few of them don't really care about the packages they deliver. I've had multiple issues with deliveries from them and never use them if I can help it.

Exactly as I mentioned about that has been my experience from knowing and watching them. The keep lowering prices on their packages and the drivers are the ones that have to carry th burden.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 2:28am
Wait 'til drones accidentally miscalculate their altitude and.......release.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 10:17am
Originally posted by hoserator

Wait 'til drones accidentally miscalculate their altitude and.......release.

Not if its a ground drone.
Hoze928 View Drop Down

Quote Hoze928 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 10:24am
Great just something new to worry about
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 4:30pm
Sounds like he was trying to make some quick money on the side. Call Fed EX!
Tigurius View Drop Down

Quote Tigurius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 11:51am
Welcome to the DS family. A good bunch of people. I'm about to order my third DS system as we speak. Retiring my 7 year old 950SI. Never has a major issue with it. Still running with Windows 10.
Tigurius
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 1:02pm
Just as a side note, our rate of damages is less than 2% upon delivery, so it's very, very low.
Hoze928 View Drop Down

Quote Hoze928 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 1:13pm
Thanks Alex that is good to know. I've not had any trouble with UPS in my area. Living in an apartment seems to subject me a a bit lesser service from some shipping companies I call it the old dump and run. I usually have them hold my valuable shipments and I pick them up which is what I will do in this case. Glad to see DS keeps close track of shipping companies makes me feel loads better.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 1:22pm
Your welcome.
surf71zx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote surf71zx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 5:41pm
Alex that 2% that gets damaged do you get reimbursed for there mistakes or is that passed on by raising prices on your products.
surf71zx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote surf71zx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 5:54pm
I hope you can get them carriers to pay for there damages they cause!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by surf71zx

Alex that 2% that gets damaged do you get reimbursed for there mistakes or is that passed on by raising prices on your products.

Neither actually... we just eat that cost as a cost of doing business to take care of the customer and then work with the shipping company to try to get an insurance claim in. It's a hassle if we make customers wait for claims.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Alex

... we just eat that cost as a cost of doing business to take care of the customer ...

Again... Just Alex doing Alex things.   
 Post Reply Post Reply