FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello Community, my mistake..

Post Date: 2016-08-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Blackblur View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Hello Community, my mistake..
    Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 2:37pm
Perhaps I’ve made the biggest mistake in my life. PC gaming has something of a hobby to me as of late — due to all these youtube videos drawing in my attention. Time hasn’t really been my friend with most things because I tend to neglect it all together. However when i saw the opportune time to strike I did but my aim was completely off. August 5th, I made an order for the Vanquish 5. My excitement, if I could explain it would be rather over exaggerated but nonetheless, I was happy. Didn’t need to look up this companies rapport because I know they are the best in this business and still are. The fault was all mine when I ordered in August — found out that I ordered during the busiest months of the year, and 5 days has transpired still on Stage 1. It hurts ! D: …nothing can ease this pain. I’m pretty sure that the 15 days won’t be enough and I’ll have to wait forever. I don’t know. I don’t know. Just felt like I could vent here to the community forums. Thanks for listening. Hopefully, some progress is made within the next hour or day to quell my anxiety about this PC.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 3:08pm
It will be worth the wait my friend. Hang in there, the team will be pushing your order forward in the next few days.
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 3:16pm
Thank you Alex. I appreciate that you responded. Also, I can't wait for the computer to come into my hands. Paying for the Next Day Delivery is how much I am dedicated to this company and wanting the products. All I'm thinking about in my head is Gears of War on 4K and every other game. I made a mistake keeping the GPU to 1060, so I just bought a FTW 1070 to replace the GPU that comes with the Vanquish.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 3:41pm
You're welcome.
guardian_titan View Drop Down

Quote guardian_titan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 4:15pm
I ordered two Vanquish 5 level 2s (slightly modified for more memory and no secondary drive or optical drive) for my brother and me on August 8th. Still sitting on phase 1 as of today. Was kind of hoping to have them by my birthday on August 29th and ordered them a week earlier than I originally intended to just to ensure that so I'm a little bouncy at the moment with it still sitting on phase 1. Bought them as a birthday present for myself (August 29), an early birthday present for my brother (October 11th), and for the release of World of Warcraft Legion (August 30), but I can understand how busy things can get at this time of year.

Was thinking maybe something got back-ordered, but being back to school season makes a bit more sense.
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 4:27pm
Trust me Titan, when I first ordered, I called almost every day to get a confirmation of where I was in the process because I didn't even get a stage 1 notice til 3 days later. The customer service rep told me it was because of high demand from the Back to School queue. I wish I was one of the lucky few who had ordered it back in July or even June but I guess I can wait for some updates in the next few days.

Quote guardian_titan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 4:41pm
I wasn't even thinking about back to school when I did my order. Don't have any kids myself and been out of school for several years so completely forgot it was school time. Doesn't help it seems to start earlier and earlier every year. In my day, it started on the week of my birthday. Now it seems to start two to three weeks before it.

My original intent was to order last month but I had bought a car at the end of June and it needed about $1000 in parts just to be legal on the road so that pushed me back a little. Now I wish I had ordered in July after all. Oh well. C'est la vie. As long as I get it by the end of September, guess I can't complain. My brother will curse playing WoW Legion, though. He's below the minimum specs for it now with his current system and he's not too happy.
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 4:55pm
Digital storm doesn't seem to disappoint. I made sure to do my research (except shipping + school times ), they seem to be on top of their game when it comes to mid-tier and higher computers. So you'll be playing WOW Legion like a champ when you get those Vanquishes. And I'm on the same boat, hopefully it's before September also lmao.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 5:05pm
I had to wait longer then anybody trust me its worth it when you get that beast
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 5:08pm
How long was your wait DST? probably had some killer mods added onto it. When I get mine, I want to make an updated youtube video on the Vanquish line. There hasn't been an update since the 3 and it seems to have come a long way.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 5:13pm
My pc is in my sig below.

It had a lot of customization, I waited months, some of it was due to parts and upgrades I wanted, I don't want to blame DS for the whole thing as I played a big part in it.

But trust me I have not met one member that got their pc and was happy and didn't say it was worth the wait

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Aug 2016 at 5:13pm

Quote guardian_titan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 5:15pm
I believe it, DST4ME. I've read a number of your posts and feel sorry for the guy who ordered the Aventum. Think if I had to wait that long, I'd cancel my order and just buy a D***** or something.

I was looking at other sites and just kept coming back to DS. I've built my last 3 computers and my brother's current one, but I just didn't have the time to do it this time. I work 12 hour shifts 3-4 days a week and off the rest of the week. When I'm home, I just want to enjoy my games. If I don't have to work, I don't want to so I have little interest in building two more systems in my free time. I also have the issue of my computers always overheating. Never understood liquid cooling or wanted to play with alternate CPU fans. Figured this time I'd hand it off to someone else who was more knowledgeable. Was going to get an Alienware until I realized it was all name and lights for a hefty price tag. Went looking for alternatives and ended up here. I'm sure I'll love it once I get it. The wait is the killer.   

Competitor's name removed.

Edited by Snaike - 17 Aug 2016 at 1:57am
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 5:22pm
Haha.. I almost went to A********* also but like you, I did my research. It was all bells and whistles from that side of the computer world and then I saw this company website. At first it looked too good to be true what they were selling their Vanquish for but I jumped on it right away. Now is just the testing of all men and life, the wait. Although happiness is right down the line, patience becomes virtue.

Edited by Snaike - 17 Aug 2016 at 1:57am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 5:27pm
@guardian_titan, I changed my mind so manytimes I'm surprised DS didn't say go build it yourself lol.

Ya most of us build ourselves but for one reason or another we need DS to build them.

A********** can't hold candle to DS systems. They don't even offer what we can get here plus ordering custom stuff that is not on the site.

Edited by Snaike - 17 Aug 2016 at 1:58am

Quote guardian_titan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 6:22pm
Kind of why I kept coming back here. So many more options compared to other sites. Heh. Ran into one that let you customize quite a bit but it was confusing to navigate and add parts so I eliminated that one pretty fast. Price didn't match here anyway.

Contemplating changing a few things in my brother's system like reducing him to an i5 (I have the i7 6700 in both right now) while upgrading me to an i7 6700k but meh. He's not as big of a PC gamer as I am so I probably could have gone with the level 1 Vanquish 5 for him, but I'm a nice sister and splurged a little. Intending to get a secondary hard drive and a blu-ray drive for him probably on Black Friday, too. I already have a blu-ray myself as well as a 1 TB and a 3 TB external so neither's a big deal for me. He shouldn't have to upgrade his system for a couple of years. Last computer I built him was like $600. The DS one I built him is $1300.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 10:29pm
For gaming both the 6600k and 6700k will do great, its other tasks that you many notice a difference.

ya in a couple of years he just needs a gpu upgrade and he will be good to go.

very smart with the parts and black friday I like
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 12:15pm
What is the difference between the I7 6700 and the 6700k? I got the 6700 I7 to be future proof for a couple of years or more since I know a lot of people still play games on their GTX970 or less with an I5 4k.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 12:24pm
The "k" processor is unlocked, allowing for overclocking.   The 6700 is fine as long as you don't want the extra overclocking.   The non "k" chip allows you to use a smaller CPU cooler as the overclocking does generate more heat.

Hope this helps.
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 12:56pm
Thank you Bprat. I don't think i'll be running an overclocked rigged soon or see any use for it at this moment because I'll just be playing in 1440p60fps or maybe 4k30fps. My tv buck stops at 4k 60hz and I think that's all I need in my life right now until 8k becomes a thing haha.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 12:59pm
Sounds like a good plan to me.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Blackblur

Thank you Bprat. I don't think i'll be running an overclocked rigged soon or see any use for it at this moment because I'll just be playing in 1440p60fps or maybe 4k30fps. My tv buck stops at 4k 60hz and I think that's all I need in my life right now until 8k becomes a thing haha.

keep in mind the cpu is the brain of your pc the faster it can think the faster everything goes, you may not see gain in fps but everything else the pc does will be faster. think about everything else you do with the pc other then gaming.

OC brings forth the single most performance gain in a pc.

to add to what bp said the difference between the 6600 and 6700k is the fact that the "k" is unlocked so you can oc, the 6700k has a higher base clock so its faster even without oc and also the 6700k supports hyperthread which the 6600 does not.

Some things to think about.

for gaming and your res, its more about the gpu then cpu, specially when you go above 1080p

Edited by DST4ME - 17 Aug 2016 at 3:52pm
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 12:10pm
I had another inquiry, as of all things. I'm aware that within the last couple of weeks, the team at DS have people working during the weekend but do they also send updates over the email during the weekend?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 2:25pm
I think tech support is running during the weekend only, but that is just a guess, we need Alex to chime in to tell us what the deal is or maybe another DS employee.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 3:06pm
Our production teams work on the weekends and also our technical support team does as well.
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 3:32pm
Alex, I really appreciate the time you take to respond to forums. Despite this long wait, guaranteed that if I wanted to buy another pre-built computer, I'd be back here again just because of your dedication.Just next time around, I won't sell my Xbox One or this computer coming before I get it cause now there's no games to be played lmao
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 3:39pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 3:42pm
Thank you Alex, so then to answer the original question Blackblur asked, does DS then update customers on their builds on during the weekend? (via email / stage updates)
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 2:08pm
I was under the impression that probably customer service does the updates and since they don't work during the weekend, perhaps no updates come through. Could be wrong though, so we'll see in the coming week.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

Does DS then update customers on their builds on during the weekend? (via email / stage updates)

Yes we do via email updates.
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 2:48pm
Guess I was completely wrong lol, another question then, when you it says 9-14 business days to ship (Monday-friday), completion of the product is not counted right? Overall you guys are always building. So 10-15 days takes into consideration Saturday and SUNDAY too then between Monday and Friday, you ship?
Blackblur View Drop Down

Quote Blackblur Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 5:23pm
That question was a bit more convoluted then I needed it to be. I'm satisfied with the answer given.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 8:04pm
Normally customers should expect their system to be built in 15 business days if all parts are available and nothing goes wrong. sometimes they are backed up or running behind and it may take longer.

@Alex thank you for that answer

Edited by DST4ME - 20 Aug 2016 at 8:05pm
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 7:30pm
Digital Storm has an A + BBS rating that ought to tell you something!
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
soulmanim3 View Drop Down

Quote soulmanim3 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 5:51am
Originally posted by DST4ME

Normally customers should expect their system to be built in 15 business days if all parts are available and nothing goes wrong. sometimes they are backed up or running behind and it may take longer.

@Alex thank you for that answer

Even when delays happen, its nice to know that DS chooses not to compromise on build quality & stability just to get the machine out the door faster. Doesn't make the wait any less painful, but at least you know the vast majority of machines arrive in great shape!
Ordered - 07/02/2016 | Stage 7 - 08/15/2016
Stage 1 - 07/05/2016 | Shipped - 08/16/2016
Stage 2 - 07/11/2016
Stage 3 - 07/11/2016
Stage 4 - 07/26/2016
Stage 5 - 07/26/2016
Stage 6 - 08/04/2016
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 10:13am
We're trying out best to ship units ASAP, our staff has been working overtime and on the weekends.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>