FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Up Date

Post Date: 2017-03-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rmac View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rmac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help Up Date
    Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 9:40pm
Just got my Apollo back from D/S repair, replaced my mother board
when I tried to boot it up I got a message saying

CPU Fan speed error detected
Ensure to install the CPU fan properly onto the CPU-FAN header
or adjust the fan speed low limit option in UEFI.
CPU Over Temperature Error
Press F! to run SETUP

but when I press F1 nothing happens, when the computer starts up it sounds like the fans are in high speed, and I have the Corsair H115i liquid CPU Cooler

3-19-2017
Hats off to D/S Tech Stephen Dalton: he called me on Saturday but I was unable to talk at that time, so he called me on Sunday I did not expect a Saturday call much less on Sunday. one of the first things he had me do was check the tightness of the 4 screws connecting the cooler to the CPU, one screw turned about 1/4 of 1/4 turn. the computer was happy. Stephen then updated everything that was update able Big Thanks to Stephen

Mac..

Edited by rmac - 19 Mar 2017 at 2:26pm
Mac..
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:24am
My guess is your Corsair H115 isn't plugged into the cpu_fan header just above the CPU.   The message hinted at it.    That would explain the fan error, the motherboard not seeing anything plugged in and the CPU overhead.

Open the case, locate the CPU_fan header on the motherboard and check the wire from the H115 being plugged in.    The motherboard manual has a picture of header, SATA, etc locations and that'll help locate it.

Good luck.
rmac View Drop Down

Quote rmac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:03am
Originally posted by bprat22

My guess is your Corsair H115 isn't plugged into the cpu_fan header just above the CPU.   The message hinted at it.    That would explain the fan error, the motherboard not seeing anything plugged in and the CPU overhead.

Open the case, locate the CPU_fan header on the motherboard and check the wire from the H115 being plugged in.    The motherboard manual has a picture of header, SATA, etc locations and that'll help locate it.

Good luck.

Thanks bprat22 for your reply, I checked it is pluged into the CPU Fan, since it is a liquid cool should it be plugged into the W Pump, or leave it in the CPU Fan
Mac..
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:33am
I think that W Pump header is for a separate pump for setups like the Hydrlux pro, not for what you have, but I've never looked into it.

Your H115 should have 3 cables....one is a SATA plug that plugs into a similar peripheral power connector from the power supply.  This powers the pump and fans.
A second cable goes to the two fans, their power from the pump assembly that now plugs into the power supply.  The third cable goes to the cpu_fan header on the mobo so the mobo thinks all is well. 

Any of the three not plugged in will cause you an issue. 

Big%20Smile

rmac View Drop Down

Quote rmac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by bprat22

I think that W Pump header is for a separate pump for setups like the Hydrlux pro, not for what you have, but I've never looked into it.Your H115 should have 3 cables....one is a SATA plug that plugs into a similar peripheral power connector from the power supply.  This powers the pump and fans.A second cable goes to the two fans, their power from the pump assembly that now plugs into the power supply.  The third cable goes to the cpu_fan header on the mobo so the mobo thinks all is well.  Any of the three not plugged in will cause you an issue.  Big%20Smile.  

Seams all are plugged in. The only thing I see not plugged in are my LED lights, the fans have power they start at what seams full speed. After a few moments the computer shuts down. I guess I will have to wait till D/S calls me Monday or Tuesday, makes for a long weekend..
Mac..
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:19pm
Yeah, if it's all plugged in correctly, fans spinning and you still have overheats with shutdown, could be a bad Corsair cooler.   Or something going on with the motherboard.

DS will have to get involved.   
Lex17 View Drop Down

Quote Lex17 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 5:45pm
What kind of motherboard do you have?
 Post Reply Post Reply