FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help with new laptop

Post Date: 2017-01-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Teufelhunde View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Teufelhunde Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: help with new laptop
    Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 2:07pm
OK, here goes. I have just come into a pretty decent cash windfall and would like to get myself a new laptop to replace the D@ll POS that I am typing this on.

Budget: I tried to stay below $3000, but in my two configurations, went slightly above. I can live with this.

Usage: I am retired and will be commuting from Arizona to West Virginia to spend time with my father (nursing home) since my mother has just passed away and I cannot just abandon him. I will be doing all of his finances as well as mine on the laptop, as well as other mundane tasks (surfing the web, etc). My gaming needs are modest (FO4, Diablo III, Hearthstone, Doom). I know this system will be a bit of overkill, but I have never had a whiz-bang system, and want to splurge a little without breaking the bank (it wasn't THAT much money).

Just looking for a little input on the two configuration's I have come up with, and suggestions that might improve them without adding to the cost (at least not much).

Here are the two configurations I have come up with:

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1592240

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1592256

One other question: At this time, my schedule for being in either state is up in the air, as the situation may change on short notice. Anyone know if DS will make provisions to contact me when they are ready to ship to let me choose which address to ship to?

TIA for the help

Lon
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 11:35pm
First of all, my condolences on the passing of your mother.

As far as the "ship to" address, it would be a good idea to touch base with [email protected] first and have him involved in the process. Perhaps he can give you a direct contact to the shipping guys ([email protected]? maybe) once you've ordered your system.

I do know that DS will literally go out of their way for real "Customer Service".
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 11:54am
We can definitely change the ship-to address, just make sure to leave it in the notes when ordering and get in contact with our sales teams and they can also input the info into the notes.
 Post Reply Post Reply