FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hydrolux Auto Mode not working?

Post Date: 2015-06-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GF99 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GF99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Hydrolux Auto Mode not working?
    Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 3:33am
I just received my brand new Digital Storm Bolt III with the Hydrolux Control Center and Intelligent Airflow control. I know there have been other users posting questions about "Auto" mode not working, but I have not been able to find an answer to the issue yet from these forums.

Basically, on Extreme mode the PC is very cool, even under heavy load. Under Quiet Mode, it is almost silent. However, Auto mode doesn't do anything "automatic" for me. When I select Auto, it stays under whatever fan setting I have for Quiet mode (and I have tried adjusting to different levels). I thought perhaps it only turns up the cooling when the PC is under heavy load so I tried playing a few games in Auto mode, but the PC eventually got so hot that the chassis lighting was solid red and the thermal load indicator was maxed out. Even then the system still ran the fans at quiet mode.

I'd like to know is this a problem with my system or what do I have to do to actually make the Control Center automatically adjust the fans depending on temperature? Is there any other way for the system to automatically adjust the fans without requiring setting it manually every time? This is the first PC I've had with fancy liquid cooling but none of my old gaming PCs required manually setting the fans every time I ran a game. Also, what would happen if I kept gaming under Auto and the system overheated, would it damage my PC or is there some sort of failsafe that would shut the system down before it gets damaged?

Thanks!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 5:54am
That question has come up in other posts and I can't remember a solution other than to set up the Quiet and Performance, or whatever the choices,  and then Auto uses those settings based on temps.        But, I'm kinda guessing so give DS a call or email.   Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 08 Jun 2015 at 5:54am
GF99 View Drop Down

Quote GF99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 1:26am
Thanks for your response. Based on what I've tried so far, Auto doesn't select anything at all, it just keeps it at whatever Quiet mode was. I thought perhaps the forums was the best way to contact DS on this issue, but perhaps I'll try emailing support instead.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Online
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 10:00am
Hi GF99,

Actually that is how AUTO mode works. When your thermals are doing good, the system will like it's on QUIET mode. Unless the unit gets really hot, the fans will never really kick up. We designed in such a way to make it easy and worry free for our customers.

I recommend leaving it on AUTO. Unless your system is overheating, you don't have to worry about it.
GF99 View Drop Down

Quote GF99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 6:19pm
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply! If you say auto mode is designed to stay in quiet mode until the PC overheats, at what level of temp is overheating defined as? Because my system ran till the temp gauge was maxed out and the light indicator was red, yet the fans still stayed quiet. Could you tell me roughly what temp is considered overheating, so I can try and see if the fans do actually get turned up automatically? Thanks!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Online
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 7:15pm
Your graphics card and CPU temps need to go above 80'C. It's red because it's the highest temp it has noticed since it has been used. It does not mean it's "bad" or that your system is overheating. I suggest trying to do a gaming session and review temps on your system with a tool like "Hardware Monitor" and you'll notice that your unit is running great.

The HydroLux software is designed to allow you to see how thermals change when you use it (as it is going to red from blue), adjust chassis airflow, and change LED colors.
GF99 View Drop Down

Quote GF99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 7:21pm
Thank you for the clarification. I'll try running a few games tonight and monitor the temps.
 Post Reply Post Reply