Post Date: 2010-08-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: IE 9 pictures leaked?
    Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:07pm
http://www.favbrowser.com/internet-explorer-9-ui-screenshot/
wish it was as good as chrome =(

im currently using both trying to ease into the change
AndydViking View Drop Down

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by !ender_

http://www.favbrowser.com/internet-explorer-9-ui-screenshot/

wish it was as good as chrome =(

im currently using both trying to ease into the change

What do you mean? Why not just keep using chrome?
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 7:50pm
no i meant that im so used to IE but i know chrome is so much better, so im trying to get myself to use it
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 8:33pm
i'm using firefox. trying to keep my associations with google down. they've already got youtube. blegh. can't avoid that. but man, with that much power at their disposal, web searching, web browsing, picasa, youtube, blogspot, android...

otherwise, THIS...may happen...

Edited by ablahblah - 25 Aug 2010 at 8:35pm
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 4:57am
Originally posted by !ender_

no i meant that im so used to IE but i know chrome is so much better, so im trying to get myself to use it

OK got ya. Yeah I like chrome too and it's my favorite as well right now. I liked Firefox but it would crash on flash video too often. I wanna like Opera but too many broken web pages. Explorer is just OK IMHO.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 5:13pm
I use Opera, IE-8 and Firefox. My favorite is Opera. I tried Chrome when it first came out and didn't like it. Maybe I should give it another try.

The two things I really like about Opera is the Speed Dial and if I log out from a site, Opera deletes my cookie.

Frank

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by FrankW

I use Opera, IE-8 and Firefox. My favorite is Opera. I tried Chrome when it first came out and didn't like it. Maybe I should give it another try.

The two things I really like about Opera is the Speed Dial and if I log out from a site, Opera deletes my cookie.

Frank

Speed Dial is awesome. And the mail client on Opera is great too. IMO it has the best layout of any of the browsers. However don't you find more incompatible sites with Opera?...I seem to for some reason.

I like Chrome so far as I haven't found a site it won't work with thus far. Also, you can get an extension for chrome that allows it to do speed dial and it works very well. LOL the only thing chrome should change right now is the "start another tab" button is to small IMO. Yeah try it out again, I think you'll like it.
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by FrankW

Frank

I was with chrome when it first came out then ditched it for firefox for a few months then back to chrome when extensions came out and its amazing. It has gone so far since it just came out! The speed dial is almost the same as opera and it has almost all of firefoxes extensions. it is a ton faster then opera too!
Steam:pcmaster160

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 11:15pm
I might have to take back some of the things I said about Opera. It looks like they fixed a bunch of stuff with their latest updates. The built in mail client is awesome and layout looks the best (out of all the other browsers) IMHO.

I do think ablahblah makes a very good point too.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 1:44pm
Since everyone likes Chrome I gave it another try.  I still prefer Opera by a long ways.  The new release of Opera has fixed several problems and slowy but surley they are improving it.  I agree that Opera has a very good layout. The Speed Dial in Opera is better than Chrome and Opera has up to 24 listings to use.  I just have a hard time finding things I want to use in Chrome.

I tried the Email client with Opera and it was poor when I tried it.  Too many problems.  I have not looked at it lately.  I use Mozella Thunderbird for Email and like the way it works.   I also use Outlook Email.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 12 Sep 2010 at 1:45pm

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 1:51pm
I also use Thunderbird mail and like it. However, I have never have had any problems with the Opera mail.

What type of problems were you having? Getting a message of server timing out? Or did you not like the way it looked because it is so configurable it's great. I have been playing around with Opera mail a lot so maybe I could help you...it's just great to have a mail client and email in one (at least IMHO lol).
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 6:26pm
It was some time ago and I was not able to create new folders under the IN Box. Considering how much they have improved Opera I would think the Email is much better too.

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply