FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just got my new computer-- newbie question!!

Post Date: 2017-01-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ck5313 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ck5313 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Just got my new computer-- newbie question!!
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:22pm
Hey everyone,

Just got my brand new Digital Storm computer-- extremely happy with it thus far.

However, I have a question-

I didn't order a windows boot CD with my computer. For my last computer purchase a few years ago, they sent me a windows boot disc that allowed me to reformat it whenever I needed to. I opted to not get one just to save a few bucks.I believe it is installed or copied onto my computer somewhere.

How do I go about making a windows boot disc? Or do I even need to? I see that it says I can press the F11 key or the "A" key during bootup to restore it to the factory default. Is this all I need to reformat my computer going forward? Or would it be wise to make a windows recovery disc?

Sorry, I feel like computer technology has completely passed me by in the past few years.

Thanks!
jav View Drop Down

Quote jav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:04am
You have a hidden partition on your C drive with the OS recovery. You are correct in that you can access it via F11 at startup and there should be an icon to access the recovery app on your desktop.

Email DS support and request the link to download the Windows 10 OS image file and burn it to a DVD. That's what they did for me. I like having the OS on separate media. Good luck with your new system!

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:57am
Here's the link I used last year to get the Media Creation tool for Win10 upgrade.  Just burn as ISO to a disc, mem stick, etc.  I have it on a flash drive, just in case..

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
 Post Reply Post Reply