Post Date: 2016-04-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ScotchWhisky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ScotchWhisky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Keyboard freezes on Windows 10
    Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:04pm
Got a Krypton 2.5 years ago. One time after a Win 8 update, the keyboard would freeze right after bootup and cause a crash. I turned off updates and rolled it back. Turned them on a couple months later and the new updates worked fine. This time, I upgraded to Win10 and the same issue except the system doesn crash. The keyboard bacm lights are on and instead of a continuous changing of colors, they change once every few seconds. Pushing a key rapidly will allow input once every few seconds. As soon as I go to shut-down the laptop, the keyboard backlighting flickers like it's supposed to. Any ideas? Are there any drivers I need to update? If so, where are they? Any other ideas? Thanks!
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ScotchWhisky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:24pm
I found the culprit.  It's the Finger Sensing Pad software.  By closing that down from the task manager, the keyboard works fine, but the finger pad is totally disabled.  Now, I almost never use the finger pad anyways as I have a mouse, so that's not a huge deal to me.  But still, i would like for it to work.  I will check Sentelic Corporation, if they still exist, and see if there are any drivers for it.  Otherwise, any other ideas?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 2:20pm
Here's a thread where Windows 10 issues with the Clevo/Sager laptops was discussed...

http://www.digitalstorm.com/forums/win-10-driver-issue-tidf27197-pidf292717/

Good find with the touch pad.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ScotchWhisky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 11:35am
Originally posted by bprat22

Here's a thread where Windows 10 issues with the Clevo/Sager laptops was discussed...

http://www.digitalstorm.com/forums/win-10-driver-issue-tidf27197-pidf292717/

Good find with the touch pad.

Thanks.  Unfortunately, still haven't found a solution.  Again, not a big deal because I never use the touch pad and often find it more of annoyance than anything.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ScotchWhisky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 2:12pm
What is odd is that closing the Finger Sensing Pad software sometimes causing the finger pad to totally shut down and other times, like now, it still works (but the light does not light up).  It's completely strange, but 100% of the time it fixes the keyboard issue.
earlyman View Drop Down

Quote earlyman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 5:59am
uuhh.. this happend to me too! but you already got the good links and information!
 Post Reply Post Reply