FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a new config

Post Date: 2012-05-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
christbell View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote christbell Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking for a new config
    Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:02am
Budget:
1500-2500$

Expectations:
Playing max mainly guild wars 2 and diablo 3 with no lag.

Usage:
long sessing of gaming

Special Needs:
Good cooling/low noise

Saved Ticket #:

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40 GHz (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core) (Requires Z77 Motherboard)
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (Intel Z77 Chipset) (Features Thermal Armor and Thermal Radar)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 2000MHz GTX-8 Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended)
Power Supply: 850W Corsair TX850 V2 (Dual SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: Force GT Series CSSD-F120GBGT-BK) (SATA 6Gbps)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: !PROMOTION: Killer 2100 (Optimized for Online Gaming) Lag and Latency Reduction
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB (Includes PhysX)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme-Performance Edition)
H20 Tube Color: Red Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive)
Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With LED Performance Fans (Red) (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Red)
Enhancements: Scythe Kaze Master Temperature Display & Fan Controller (Requires Chassis Airflow Upgrade) (KM01-BK)
Chassis Mods: HailStorm & 950Si: Processor & Video Card Area: Drill and Mount Two Side Window 120mm Fan Blow-Holes
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Graphics Boost: FREE: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
OS Boost: FREE: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system

note: I will use one of my sata2 HDD as main storage and the 120gig SSD for the os and my main game.
chris
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2012 at 4:31am
Hi christbell...
You didn't mention monitor size or resolution, but the gtx 670 will max those games out on a 23/24" monitor at 1920x1080 resolution.

That build is real goodBig%20Smile, but I would recommend a couple of changes.

Drop the memory speed to 1600Mhz, the other you'll never see the diiference.

The 850Tx psu is very good, but the 750HX is still all you need and would give you a 7year warranty.  Either will work fine .

All I have heard is that the Killer 2100 card isn't worth it and can be more problems then it's worth.

The HafX case is the best as-is, so drop the Performance fans.  The HafX case has great air cooling, and are quiet do to being larger, 230mm and 2x 200mm , and moving slower.

The temp and fan control looks real nice for eye candy, but for function really isn't needed.  Why mess with the cases already great setup plus the temp readings aren't accurate.

The chassis mod to add fans to the side doesn't apply to this case, plus the HafX already has a 200mm fan mounted in the side panel.

Drop the H2O UV tubing.  It doesn't apply to the 240mm  Vortex which is a sealed unit.  This would apply if you had a stage 4 or above water cooling setup.

For tops in reliability, use the Noctua D14 air cooler instead of the 240mm Vortex.  Alot less to go wrong. I left in the 240mm rad because it does work very good and its track record is good.Your call as always.

Hope this helps and saves you some money.

Config # 694375       Cost $ 1993

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40 GHz (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core) (Requires Z77 Motherboard)
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (Intel Z77 Chipset) (Features Thermal Armor and Thermal Radar)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 750W Corsair HX (Dual SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: Force GT Series CSSD-F120GBGT-BK) (SATA 6Gbps)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB (Includes PhysX)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme-Performance Edition)
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Red)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Medium)
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

Good LuckBig%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 31 May 2012 at 4:39am

Quote christbell Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2012 at 7:59pm
thanx alot bprat22 it exacly the kind of answer I was looking for.
chris

Quote christbell Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:32pm
about the water cooling reliability what would you say, does it frequently break or has any maintenance.
chris
Teemberland View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Teemberland Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi christbell...
You didn't mention monitor size or resolution, but the gtx 670 will max those games out on a 23/24" monitor at 1920x1080 resolution.

That build is real goodBig%20Smile, but I would recommend a couple of changes.

Drop the memory speed to 1600Mhz, the other you'll never see the diiference.

The 850Tx psu is very good, but the 750HX is still all you need and would give you a 7year warranty.  Either will work fine .

All I have heard is that the Killer 2100 card isn't worth it and can be more problems then it's worth.

The HafX case is the best as-is, so drop the Performance fans.  The HafX case has great air cooling, and are quiet do to being larger, 230mm and 2x 200mm , and moving slower.

The temp and fan control looks real nice for eye candy, but for function really isn't needed.  Why mess with the cases already great setup plus the temp readings aren't accurate.

The chassis mod to add fans to the side doesn't apply to this case, plus the HafX already has a 200mm fan mounted in the side panel.

Drop the H2O UV tubing.  It doesn't apply to the 240mm  Vortex which is a sealed unit.  This would apply if you had a stage 4 or above water cooling setup.

For tops in reliability, use the Noctua D14 air cooler instead of the 240mm Vortex.  Alot less to go wrong. I left in the 240mm rad because it does work very good and its track record is good.Your call as always.

Hope this helps and saves you some money.

Config # 694375       Cost $ 1993

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF XExterior Finish: - Standard Factory FinishTrim Accents: - Standard Factory FinishProcessor: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40 GHz (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core) (Requires Z77 Motherboard)Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (Intel Z77 Chipset) (Features Thermal Armor and Thermal Radar)System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested) Power Supply: 750W Corsair HX (Dual SLI Compatible) Expansion Bay: - No ThanksHard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: Force GT Series CSSD-F120GBGT-BK) (SATA 6Gbps)Set 1 Raid Options: - No ThanksHard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: - No ThanksHard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No ThanksOptical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)Optical Drive 2: - No ThanksInternet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections) Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB (Includes PhysX)Add-on Card: - No ThanksSound Card: Integrated Motherboard AudioExtreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme-Performance Edition)H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Red)Enhancements: - No Thanks Chassis Mods: - No Thanks Noise Reduction: - No ThanksLaserMark: - No ThanksBoost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHzBoost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s) Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memoryBoost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)Virus Protection: - No ThanksOffice: - No ThanksGame: - No ThanksDisplay: - No ThanksSurge Shield: - No ThanksSpeakers: - No ThanksKeyboard: - No ThanksMouse: - No ThanksExternal Storage: - No ThanksExclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Medium)Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully ProcessedWarranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

Good LuckBig%20Smile

bprat, would you prefer this build than ODE lvl 2?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 3:40am
Hi Teemberland....The build you just listed is better than the ODE lvl2 for sure.   It is a couple of hundred $$ more, but the case is the best, the mobo allows sli in the future should you ever want it, the power supply is a better rated and longer warranty and the cpu cooler in this is the 240 mm rad instead of the 120mm rad.

The ODE lvl 2 does have the i7-3770k cpu with hyperthreading as opposed to this ones i5-3570k chip, but for strictly gaming there would be little or no difference.

This build does need a HDD however for daily storage, etc.  The SSD alone would load up real quick.

The ODE is a great deal and would give you the same gaming performance for less.  This config has more upgrade potential. 

No doubt, this config if in the budget is the way to go.Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 01 Jun 2012 at 3:46am
Teemberland View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Teemberland Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 10:18am
Thanks bprat! I think I'm gonna go with this build instead of ODE L2. Thanks for your help!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 10:25am
Awesome
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 11:44am
Hi christbell...didn't see your question right awayOops
The 240mm Vortex is, for the most part, the Corsair H100 cooler I believe if you want to google it and see .

It does have a decent track record and chances are you wouldn't have any issues. I say the D14 for example has better reliability because all it is a big chunk of metal cooling fins with 2 fans attached. The 240mm rad has a small pump and a fan control built into the unit that sits on the cpu. just the potential for more problems, but DS has had good experience with them.

The 240mm rad has no maintenance..It's a sealed unit.

Edited by bprat22 - 01 Jun 2012 at 11:45am

Quote christbell Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 7:09pm
nice to know i did a good job :) and i didnt put any HHD because i got 1tb 7200rpm and 1, 500gb 10800rpm.
chris
 Post Reply Post Reply