Post Date: 2018-05-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sladesmith View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sladesmith Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Lumos
    Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:17am
I am thinking about buying the lumos build, but I a, wonder what frame rates I will get on fortnite? And if the competed will run smoothly with this game?

Anyone with experience with the computer or with knowledge of the systems capabilities please help answer my questions.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:42am
Hi sladesmith,

Welcome to DS. The Lumos is a custom build with a myriad of components to choose from. The deciding hardware for how to configure the best system for your use is/are the monitor(s) and what you intend to do with it (game, research or...) You tell us what monitor you plan to connect to the pc (1080, 1200, 1440/2K, 2160/4K) and what you are going to do with it and the gurus here will suggest the best system therefor. Good luck. Big%20Smile
Let us know. Big%20Smile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2018 at 5:52am
If we are talking about gaming with a 1080p monitor, the best bang for your buck would be the Vanquish model Level 3. The GTX 1060 in that rig with the i7 8700 CPU will give you average frame rates just over 100 on Epic settings. With the Vanquish line, you don't get to pick your own parts, but they are capable macines.

As hoserator says we need to know the resolution you want to game at, and some idea of your budget.

Quote sladesmith Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2018 at 5:18pm
I haven’t bought anything for it yet. You guys just tell me what I need for the best frame rates and smoothness on fortnite. I plan to play with a 144 hertz monitor, other than that I have no clue what to get.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 May 2018 at 4:20am
Budget?

For 144 Hz, you'll need a GTX 1070 Ti at 1080p. That should be good. At 1440p, you'd have to step up to a 1080. (We still don't have all the info we need.)

Low budget at 1080p, you could get the Vanquish level 4. If you need 1440p @144 Hz, you're looking at customizing a whole rig and spending a lot more money.

Some people come here and they have to cut corners, some not. For customizers, we like to recommend some premium parts for the best performance and length of service. We can dial that back a bit, and get you into a GTX 1080 rig on air cooling for ~ $2300.

The Vanquish line can't be customized, They're sold as-is at a nice discount. So anything above a GTX 1070 Ti has to be custom, but that's a heckova card.

Quote sladesmith Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 May 2018 at 11:18pm
My budget is around $2,000. But I am open to spend a little more. I want a great quality that lasts for a long time. It may take longer to get the money to purchase it, but I want a great pc. Don’t need to waste money and time getting a different one.

Quote sladesmith Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 May 2018 at 11:19pm
If you could make a list of all the info needed, I would be happy to get it to you.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 May 2018 at 2:42am
We need the monitor or resolution you have or intend to use. That is key to configuring a system that will make full use of its performance. You have specified that it runs at 144Hz with a 2,000 budget. That points at a monitor with 1080 resolution and the Vanquish Best or Ultimate will fit your needs. Big%20Smile

Create has given you a good recap of the general considerations for monitors and systems.

Let us know what you decide. Awesome

Edited by hoserator - 27 May 2018 at 3:54am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 May 2018 at 5:44am
If I assume your 144Hz monitor is 1920x1080 resolution (1080p), the computer you want is the Vanquish Level 4. At $1949, it's right on budget, it will give you great frame rates in Fortnite on Epic, and it will serve you well into the future.

If your resolution is 2560x1440 (1440p) you would need a GTX 1080 to get high frames. The very cheapest 1080 setup would be all the same Vanquish parts except the video card, and cost $2249. If you wanted a Lomos case instead of the Vanquish case, it would run $2322

All that extra money would get you is the GTX 1080 video card. You would not need that if you're at 1080p.

I hope that's clear. We welcome more questions if you have them.

Quote sladesmith Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 May 2018 at 4:28pm
Based on your feedback, I think I will go with the vanquish level 4. Thank you for all of your help.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 May 2018 at 8:39pm
Our pleasure.

I think you'll be very happy with that unit's performance and pleased to show it off. It's a great value. Congratulations, and welcome to the DS family!
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:04am
  AwesomeKeep us posted. That is a very nice system.Big%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply