FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My New DigitalStorm Beast is HERE!!

Post Date: 2008-04-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sharariebrum View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sharariebrum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My New DigitalStorm Beast is HERE!!
    Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 3:54pm
Well DigitalStorm has done Everything I Could ever want for my Machine.

From the time of placing the order by actually calling them on the phone and discussing my build first and making it a perfect blend of parts.
The first problem encountered was my credit card company not sending the payment till the day after the order so Payment received was not mached with The order date.  Capital one customer Care was let me transfer let me transfer.........But anytime I called Digital Storm  got 100% answers and friendly care. 

All that I needed After that was Wait time.......Placed the order on the 10th of March and UPS delivered at 1100am her in Alaska on the 3rd of April.   The only problems with the LONG Road to my house is even with all the care DS placed into packing up my Beast was one Zalman case fan got loose along with 2 screws.  one that held the the second video card and one of 2 screws for the upper corner of the motherboard.

Put themback into their respective places.  Made sure all other pieces were seated likr ram and cpu cooler and other screws tight from the long road.  NUTHING else was out of place.  So started  her up and Hells ya many jealous friends as this type of power up here is very rare hehe.

Sorry I am not the best writer Around but as far as anything goes hows this.......Digital Storm will have around 15-20 more orders in the next few months from a few people I game with depends on when they can save up the dough.

Next come the PICS--------- ohh ya.  (MY 5 YEAR OLD SON ALSO IN THE PICS for fun he was excited cause he gets daddies old computer hehe)

Delivered

DS Packaging Very Nice

I Live in alaska A few bumps in the roads well you see what happens
Notice also on bottom of the case screws are loose ooooppps UPS!!!

The DASTARD SCREWS!!!!

One to the Motherboard is kool look above my thumbs Knuckle One of 2

Other was to lower PCI GPU Tab Nuthing Bad at all with either screw

After making sure All ram was seating all wires were still conected CPU cooler was still attached and secure so nuthing goes wrong on startup

AND 5 min later WORKS FINE!!! Love my new Computer Thankyou DigitalStorm

OHH ya forgot to put in:
780 Motherboard
6600 OC to 3100
SLI 8800GTS 512
4gig dominator ram 1066
Windows Vista64 home prem
BEAST Thats ready for all of the Age of Conan GOODNESS!!!!   

EDIT#2 For 6 Apr 2008------- 3DMarked today 1400/1050  (native res of monitor)     Score=  16051 Thanks DS

Edited by Sharariebrum - 06 Apr 2008 at 7:56pm
If you Fail to Plan....Plan to FAIL!!!
The Past is History, The Future is a Mystery, But Today is a GIFT - That is why we call it the Present
Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 6:03pm
I've never seen the silver case before. I like it!
3.6 GHz E6850,       4 GB RAM, GTS 250,   TJ9, Win 7 64-bit
4.4 GHz i7 3930K, 16 GB RAM, GTX 670, 550D, Win 7 64-bit
SunfighterLC View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 8:55pm
ive always been one of those superstitious freaks that tries to get a case in any other color then black, because black absorbes more heat!!!!.....right? haha.
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 12:40am
Grats on the System Thumbs%20Up.

I know how long you agonized over what would go into the build, glad to see it's made it's way to you in (mostly) one piece. Big%20smile
Sharariebrum View Drop Down

Quote Sharariebrum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 3:11am
Well the peices that RATT-A-Tattled their way free is nuthing really to frett about.  I was really  really impressed at the build its all there.  The Zalman fans just click into place so im surprised only one fell out.  The motherboardscrew was a bit crazzy seeing that one but was really happy to see it was held in by more then just one in the corner like some.

I Am having one bit of a WIERD problem in that all my games Auto-Detect to run my games at 860x640 all low settings nuthing on when I have SLI GTS 8800's with 512 ram Windows Index of 5.9 I think I need to get A Benchmark suite to see whats up or is it a Vista thing???  I need to see if in some way Both Cards are working or not.
If you Fail to Plan....Plan to FAIL!!!
The Past is History, The Future is a Mystery, But Today is a GIFT - That is why we call it the Present
OlBull View Drop Down

Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 1:00pm
Congrats on the outstanding system Sharariebrum!! 

Good to see another Alaskan with a DS system.  I don't feel left out anymore.  Big%20smile
toasty View Drop Down

Quote toasty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 1:41pm
I got my system yesterday and it's BEAUTIFUL, although everything on yours just barely inches me out :( 
It's here....AND DOMINATING NOW! =D
4 gigs corsair dominator
evga 8800 gt
780i motherboard
e8400 3.0ghz processor
Mysty View Drop Down

Quote Mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 11:10am
I love the Silver Case too; thats what I got; I figure with the Silver you get lots of Modding Options on the Outside.  You can use any color and it will show up; as far as Air Brushing. 

Really nice Rig; love the Red; glad to see it made it thier with only little things ajared.  That's a long Ground Trip for UPS.
 Post Reply Post Reply