FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My New Gaming Rig.....

Post Date: 2010-12-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FreakyFighter View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote FreakyFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My New Gaming Rig.....
    Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 6:04pm
I think I got it right this time. Hahaha LOL

Here are pics of my new gaming rig I got about 2 months ago. I didn't want to post this to soon because I wanted to run it myself and see what it can do. So here you go.

Front view. Duh! lol

Well there you go. Below is the list of items in my new system...

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master HAF 932
Trim Accents: Paint Chassis Vents and Grills (Blue)
Processor: Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz (Quad Core) <--- Overclocked to 3.8GHz
Motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI 3 Edition (Intel X58 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s) (Model: 131-GT-E767)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series  (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 750W Digital Storm Certified (Dual SLI Compatible) (Silent Edition Recommended)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (1TB Hitachi/Seagate (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1.2GB (Includes PhysX Technology) <--- Overclocked but don't remember to what.
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooler (120mm Radiator) (Great Value)
Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With LED Performance Fans (Blue) (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect for H20 Tubes)
CPU Boost: FREE: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz (Cooling Upgrade Recommended)
Graphics Boost: FREE: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
OS Boost: FREE: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Pre-Install Game: FREE: Hot-selling game with a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 or above graphics card
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Xtra Large) <-- Loved it! lol
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty
If you have any questions, just ask!

Now for my review:
THIS SYSTEM ROCKS! OMG! It may be a bit pricey but man am I impressed!
The ordering on the site was really simple. Just go step by step and you're done in a few minutes. SO many choices.
Constant contact via email from Digital Storm was refreshing to see. With every step of the building and testing process I received an email. No one else does it as well and I order a lot online.
When there was a small issue with my order, I actually got a phone call! This only shows me that you guys care enough to make sure you get it right.
Now for the shipping..... OMG I was dying! ugh! Since you're on the west coast and me on the east coast, you shipped it via ground which for me was months! I was thinking to myself, they don't have a big enough plane? lol
Packaging was weird but very secure! I can only imagine what it went through on the 3500 mile trip and it got here just fine.
I didn't want to upgrade from XP but what was I thinking! Windows 7 makes things so much easier to use! hooked up everything with ease!
Any application I click on opens in a split second.
All my games run so smooth no matter how much I have running in the background! <-- Well almost. Will post issue.
It runs very quiet even though I have 6-120mm fans going. And the blue looks so cool. ^.^
I have dual monitors and they are both crystal clear!
Now for the one downside:
The wires for the dual fans on the side panel are WAY to short to reach the motherboard properly. They just make it. It's a struggle to put the cover back on if I need to remove it. Is there a fix for this?
I want to thank the entire staff of Digital Storm for building me a great system that I hope to enjoy for years to come!
dodgers2213 View Drop Down

Quote dodgers2213 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 7:14pm
how much was this rig? looks hot lol
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 10:50pm
very nice Congrats    

Quote FreakyFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 11:07pm
Thank you Thank you!

More than $100.00 but less than $4,000.00! lol
rholyrag View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote rholyrag Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 10:01am
Very nice!  Congrats on your new rig!
"What we do in life echoes in eternity" - Maximus from Gladiator
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 1:35pm
wow the painted rims look awesome.
Steam:pcmaster160

Quote FreakyFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 6:12pm
Thank you thank you!

The lights look cool inside the fans. Need some more though. lol
 Post Reply Post Reply